Cody and Rex eyed each other askance, then stared at Blinder in shock.  "Did you say 'she'?" said Cody.

Blinder's grin broadened.  "And here I thought just contacting the asset would've made that clear."

Not long after, at the five-minute mark, a ventilation grille on the ceiling came loose and was pulled into the vent.  From this new opening dropped an adolescent girl with olive skin and brown eyes, her dark hair in an unkempt braid that hung loosely down her back.  Her clothing was black, a patchwork of crudely stitched cloth, her boots scuffed but durable.  She had an arsenal of knives strapped across her torso, legs and arms, her headset supporting a comlink and nightvision visor.  Her build was lithe and athletic, her eyes wary and intelligent, her hands heavily calloused and held close to her blades.  She appeared the same age as Commander Tano, perhaps a year or two younger.  She landed on the floor beside the sergeant with practiced ease, saluting the generals as she straightened.

Blinder made the introductions.  "Generals, this is Blade.  And yes," he added, answering his company's silent question, "she's a clone."

"I had no idea there were female clones," said Tano.

"Actually, there aren't," said Cody, his eyes on Blade.  

"The Kaminoans believe that females are inefficient soldiers," Rex explained, also eyeing the girl.  "If she is a clone, there's no way it was intentional."

"Exactly," said Blinder as the cadet lowered her hand.  "My unit helped smuggle her out of the facility before the Kaminoans could cover it up.  She's been living on our gunship ever since."

"And you don't let me come on nearly enough missions, sir," said Blade sardonically.  Her lilt and speech pattern were uncannily similar to her fellow clones'.  "Then again, there's no other reason you'd permit me to break protocol."  She then proceeded to study the holomap.

"Am I correct in assuming, sergeant," asked Kenobi, as skeptical as his companions, "that you intend to bring a child on this mission?"

"Yes, sir," the sergeant replied.  "You need a stealth expert for this mission.  From what I understand, the second attempt will require my entire unit, including the cadet."

"He let me break protocol, sir," said Blade, looking up.  She met the general's eyes, her expression adamant.  "He wouldn't have done that if I wasn't needed on an assignment."

"What protocol?" asked Rex.

"Stay quiet, stay hidden, stay alive," she recited.  

"Our entire unit follows that protocol," said Blinder.  "We don't use any weapons that make light or noise.  We communicate onsite only when necessary and take extra measures to avoid detection.  Our track record is no accident, general.  It's because of the cadet that we use these methods.  That's why I said I couldn't take credit for our success."

Kenobi stroked his beard.  "I see," he said thoughtfully.  Then he grinned.  "Well then, sergeant, you and your unit will take point on this mission from here on."

Blinder nodded.  "Thank you, sir."

"I think a Jedi should go with them," said Skywalker, "just in case."

Kenobi thought on that a moment, then looked at Blinder again.  "Would having a Jedi impact the mission or your unit?"

"Only if that Jedi brings a lightsaber," the sergeant replied.

"What does that mean?" said Skywalker in ire. 

"Your weapons make light and noise," said Blade matter-of-factly.  "That's against protocol, sir."