"You won't stop missing them, will you? They're your friends." Mana announced, no answer expected then ran.

"Mana..." Atem tried to stop her with no luck.

"Don't take her words personal, my king. She's still a child inside and is jealous of you having other people as best friends." Isis appeared out of nowhere.

The wielder of the Millennium Necklace stood beside him. Isis looked so much like Ishizu, so he had to fight the urge to call her that instead of her name. Isis didn't have her Millennium Item anymore as well as the others but still, she was a High Priestess and a sorceress. That was enough for her to be able to sense a lot more than usual people did. Maybe Isi knew about his doubts and thoughts? Atem avoided her glance ashamed.

"Don't be ashamed, pharaoh. We're glad you're back but we're only your subjects. We understand your heart lays somewhere else." Her last sentence had some hidden meaning.

"Nevertheless, it's not fair to you. I'm being distanced as a foreigner coming to another land, not a ruler coming to his people." Isis had a small smile on her face.

"You'll learn that feelings are complicated things usually immune to logic." Atem looked confused at her.

"What do you mean by that?" Isis only shook her head.

"I can't tell you." So, Isis did know more, and Atem wished to know it as well.

"Even if I command you to do so?" her smile grew a bit.

"Yes." Isis looked at him. His mental age had grown the past few years sharing the young boy's body so now it was mirrored in his own. Atem was barely sixteen when he died; a developing teenager who was now more mature and grown-up. "You know better that we're in the afterlife and it doesn't really matter." Isis shrugged her arms innocently.

"Oh, really." Atem chuckled before Isis left, too.

Atem was supposed to be happy and at peace but... he wasn't. Atem needed to talk to someone, so he looked for his other best friend who was far more reasonable than his young impulsive one. Mahad was in his study room as usual. Mahad was a loyal friend Atem appreciated deeply. Mahad had sacrificed himself for him not once or twice. Mahad was his guardian as a child and one day Atem almost got bitten by a snake but Mahad interrupted it ending the snake biting him instead. Atem was a prince and everyone would protect him with their own life. However, even at such a young age, Atem was too noble and stubborn to let someone die for him and sucked the venom out of him.

"Mahad," Atem announced.

"My king," Mahad almost bowed when he was stopped by Atem himself.

"Please, there's no need of that anymore. Besides, you know I don't like when people bow or kneel to me." Atem joked, and his best magician smiled.

"Fine." Even without magic's help, Mahad saw something was wrong in his eyes.

"Is there something bothering you, my king?" Atem tensed, was he such an open book for everyone?

"Actually, yes, there is something." Mahad waited for his lord to start speaking.

"I haven't been very close to any of you as I got back. You're my friends and I don't want to be rude towards you."

"You're the Great Pharaoh and we're grateful to serve you. You don't have to feel guilty because of us." Mahad, always thinking about the others but himself.

"That's not the point, Mahad." Atem walked to a table looking at the various magic objects. "I... I miss my other friends." The older guy understood what Atem was talking about in an instant.