Chapter 4

(A/N: Okay, I swear...this chapter though...it had me on writer's block for quite a bit ;_; But luckily I was able to think of something! That's why it's here for you guys now! And thank goodness I was able to update this earlier when I had the chance ;v; Welp, anyways. Enjoy~ )  

                        (June 23, XXXX) 

                         (Reader's POV) 

    It's Tuesday. Which means I have yet another day to work at that pizzeria again later tonight. 

    I'm at home now. It's 10:42AM. I still have more hours to go before I head back there for my nightshift. 

    "I heard from Dr. Marcus earlier this morning, (Name)." Dad says, walking in the kitchen with a banana and a newspaper in his hands. 

    I stop what I'm doing, which is sitting at the table in the kitchen—Photoshopping a nose ring onto a poster of Freddy Fazbear on my laptop for the fun of it, and look up. 

    "What did he say?" 

    "That your mother's doing a bit better. She's tolerating the new drugs given to her. She's also eating and participating in group therapy." 

    "Did he say if we can talk to her yet by chance?" 

    "He said to give it another day or two." 

    "Okay," I say agreeably. 

    Sure. Why not? In fact, I'll give it two. Wednesday and Thursday. But next week on Monday, I'll be at the hospital. And then Dr. Marcus will need every security guard in the place to keep me from talking to her. Most likely. 

    "How'd you do last night at the pizzeria?" he asks, "Are you making progress? Money wise?" 

    "Yeah, I am. I already finished the first night. I haven't received any money yet but it's a start. I think I've made at least four bucks an hour last night." I say, faintly smiling. 

    "That's great," he says, smiling back. 

    "Yeah," I say, "How's the testing in the lab going?" 

    "Quite well, actually. The lab team's hoping for results soon on the fingerprinting in our genetic engineering experiment we're working on."

    It's just as I said before. Dad's usually always busy in the lab where he works—since he is a well known cytologist after all. It's not far from my grandparent's house here in Kansas. Actually, he doesn't have just one, but a couple more labs and meetings he goes to. Almost all over the world. Three? Four? Five? I can't even count.