Second chance (17)

AN: Please vote for the chapter 

XXXXXX

AN: Please vote for this chapter

Dimitri

Last night after Damien's confession, he left immediately. I don't blame him though. We were best friends, but emotions weren't really our thing. So, after his confession things were a bit awkward. I didn't know whether to hug him or not. He wasn't crying so, the tissues were no longer needed. Ellie would have known what I should have done. But Damien was strong. He would survive this. I just hated how the story ended up with a said ending. I honestly could decide which outcomes was better, my version where she broke his heart or the truth where she died.

Damien's confession left me with numerous questions. Damien was a turned vampire, so he didn't get to have a mate. So, was the woman he spoke about a vampire too? It would be easier to be with a vampire because they understood our way of life. I just hoped it wasn't an Original Vampire because we have mates. But also, I had a terrible mate so, I guess Originals were still on the table. Secondly, how did this girl of his die? I guess this was a conversation for another day. I just had no idea how to bring this topic up again. I didn't want to make him sad.

I was also left to think about myself. I needed to find a new mate. The nice thing about us vampires is that we could choose our own mates, if our given mates weren't fitting. We would have to do a blood bond by drinking each other's blood and then we were mated. The blood sharing would connect us and afterwards one wouldn't even be able to tell us apart from true mates.

The only thing was that we couldn't have children with our self-chosen mates. I liked Rebecca and I think it is possible for me to fall for her if I wanted to, but that would be foolish. I was a vampire and she was human. She didn't know much about our world, besides the rumors. Like I said before: to the world, we vampires acted like humans. We blend in with them. Our existence was just a myth they read in novels. Besides, Rebecca and I were just friends. And I liked things the way that they were.

XXXXXXXX

It if life had been normal, it would have been the third week of me being in the third village now. My journey as James would have ended in exactly a month and a week. I wondered what the third village would have been like. I honestly liked Kena the most. Shepal had so much bad emotions attached to it.

So, for the past few days, Damien and I had been working by night to gather allies. I was seeking out witches to help us out, while Damien was talking to werewolf packs. We needed all the help we could because this girl was dangerous. Honestly we just needed one alpha on our side. Their bites were lethal to us. I also needed one powerful witch since neither I nor the alpha wolf would be of value if we couldn't get close enough to Seneca to kill her.

Damien and I preferred doing the search at night because our vampire senses were heightened then. We were the superior species at night and could take on any other supernatural being. Since we each went out on our own to the packs and covens, we needed every advantage to survive any attacks that may arise. So far, all the coven's I had spoken to were too afraid to even think of going against this Seneca woman. Apparently she was using magic from Africa which is the most ancient and powerful of magic. It never even carried a scent or left a trace. No wonder my parents didn't smell the attack. Thus all my leads were dead ends. This plan was becoming annoying. No one was willing to help me.

"Please tell me you have made progress with the wolves," I said when I got back in the house from the last coven on my list. Damien came and took a seat next to me. We were sitting in my room discussing our plan. It had been difficult gathering allies and I was honestly frustrated with the outcome so far. "Well actually I think I have gotten us a pack. The Lunar pack that you refused to go live at. Well, they have agreed to meet with us. So, no promises but it is all I managed to get so far," Damien said. So, basically I was on my own in this plan.

The Lunar pack was known to be the strongest werewolf pack according to my dad's lessons. But they were also know for keeping to themselves. They hardly ever involved themselves in wars since the witch war. I guess I was finally putting all my lessons from dad's how to be a good king, to good use. I finally understood why my father thought I should learn something about all supernatural creatures. I would do anything to sit and have him bore me to death with those talks right now. It's funny how we only appreciate things when they are gone. "Well when do we leave to meet their Alpha?" I finally asked defeated.

"I would have said as soon as possible, but I think you need to see this," Damien said and then he pulled out a newspaper from his blazer pocket. I was very confused as to why he wanted me to read a newspaper of all things, but then I saw it.

On the cover page was a picture of my beloved mate, Destiny with her soon to be husband. Wait... so they weren't married yet. This was news to me. It turns out that due to the Royal fiasco the festivities had been postponed. She was now getting married in 4 days' time. This meant that it all wasn't over yet. I had to go get my mate. Life had just granted me a second chance at the whole situation and I wasn't going to let it slip this time around.

"We will head there as soon as I return with my mate," I said with finality in my voice.

There was no changing my mind.

AN

QOC: Do you read newspapers? Or is it just back in the 80's

So, I personally think that Dimitri should get over his mate. But that's just my opinion. I would like to hear your opinions as well so please share them with me in the comments section.

And I hope you better hit that vote before you leave

Thanks for reading