I spend my time wondering how Jacoby got the information about my being a type five. If he knows, then so does my father, which could explain why he was so adamant about my involvement with the Karmas, despite my status as his daughter; not that he cared much for his children anyway.

Fray is the only one in this room I've never heard of, and I try to decipher her character. I couldn't discern much besides the fact that the only time she laughed was when a bullet narrowly missed Blake's shoulder and he screamed in shock. I'm not sure whether she has a special disdain towards Blake, or towards humanity, but either way, I think we'll get along just fine.

The extra guns we were given were handed to any special ops who weren't a part of Trinity at one point. Fray dragged away Scarlett and I dragged away Aria, the promise of them seeing each other soon being what finally made them cave into separation.

The day ends with us adding our guns to the holster on our uniforms, doubling our arsenal weapons. We start back towards Trinity when I'm stopped in front of the entrance to the recreation room by what used to be my only family.

"Cas," he says, slightly stunned to see me leaving the Karma Citadel. One of his hands are shoved in his pocket while the other pushes back his hair in a display of "genuine" awe. His acting is impeccable, always has been. "I thought you were at Cardinal. It's been so long I was so worried."

"Yeah well, I'm not." I walk away willing myself not to turn around knowing full well his pseudo concern is a ploy devised by our father. Before I can make it far, he grabs my wrist, a sort of desperation in his voice. I motion for Blake and Aria to move on without me, the latter separating very reluctantly unless I assured I'd be back within the hour.

"Listen, Castelle, I got laid off at the factory, I lost our home, and I've had no one to talk to since you left." Lies. Even his eyes display indifference completely contradicting his words.

"I've joined a group of revolutionaries. They've given me safety, assurance, and they're fighting for every cause you've ever believed in."

"You're working for the Karmas?" a mock disbelief plaguing my voice, suddenly hidden by a layer of sarcasm.

"I know you've had your past with them, but hear me out. They've given me food, shelter, cantos, and a feeling like I finally belong somewhere."

"They tried to kill you, Devon."

"To get to you!" He seems to inhale, the sudden understanding of my stubbornness taking a toll on his already reluctant demeanor. He clenches his fist while the other still finds home in his pocket. "They understand Trinity's flawed. Unlike the pricks hiding in those fancy towers, they see the people suffering on the streets. They cause chaos, and we keep order. Besides, you know better than anyone that they don't stand a chance against our forces."

I can't argue with that fact, it's very evident that Trinity's grossly outgunned, even with all their resources.

"Tomorrow, you'll be asked to sign a contract accepting your assigned rank. If you sign yours, you'll become an official member of Karma's special ops. We'll take over Trinity together, get revenge on the savages who took you away, on the world that tortured you for years, and if you take down her brother, that'd be the best revenge on Monica." Just the mere mention of her name sends a chill down my spine. I try to ignore the memories from that day, and focus on my reconnaissance with Devon.

"We need your loyalty Cas. Promise me that you'll sign it."

I cross my armas, not wanting to hear about loyalty from Devon. "What if I don't?"

"They'll kill you, simple. I can't lose you, Cas, not after I got you back." So he's trying to tempt me with the threat of death. It's pitiful, his sudden eager display of brotherly affection.

"I can't promise I'll sign anything, but tell me, Devon, how do you have so much information for someone who just joined the Karmas?"

"I need you to promise you'll sign it, Cas." I step towards him and he steps back, the logic in his reasoning stretching thin.

"How do you know about a top-secret team that not even some sector leaders are aware of?" I keep moving forward and he keeps inching back.

"Well, I-"

"And why is it," I cut him off, "That you haven't taken your hand out of your pocket this entire exchange?" To this, he has nothing to say. He just sort of chuckles to himself while removing the voice recorder he's been hiding.

"Can't get anything past you, huh?" He drops it on the floor before stepping towards me. He's close enough that I can feel his breath whisper something against my ear.

"I really haven't seen you in a while, so let's catch up. I'm working for the Karmas and soon so will you, whether you like it or not." The sudden coldness in his words is foreign when used in the normally warm voice I've grown accustomed to. I don't bother to interject because I know if I speak I won't be able to stop.

"Remember that game we used to play? Our favorite pastime? I've gotten a little better at it don't you think?" I don't understand what he asks until I feel a sharp pain stinging my right leg. My hand finds its way to the wound, my own dagger protruding from the cut, his hand still wrapped around the handle. I reach for my holster, and realize that both of my weapons are gone, probably right around the time he grabbed me while I was walking away.

"You bastard." I look down at the red pooling in my blue uniform. "This is going to be so difficult to wash off."

He rolls his eyes, my remarks not appreciated in the current seriousness of the situation. "You're not going to worry about that anytime soon." He pulls out my gun, spinning it in one hand, and hits the butt over my head. The last thing I can remember is the world turning black.