It was when I was done dressing up and reaching for my wallet, I realized I still hadn't opened the message from Nate.

From waitwithnate: good morning angel

My cheeks heats up as I read the words over and over again.

To waitwithnate: good morning Nate

I pushed my wallet into my pocket and made my way out of the room. Jaden wasn't yet out, so I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. While pouring the water, I got another message.

From waitwithnate: how are you? how's your weekend going?

To waitwithnate: really good. I'm having bonding time with my little brother. You?

It felt good typing that. Jaden. My little brother.

From waitwithnate: I'm on the road right now, I'm on my way to have breakfast with my sister.

To waitwithnate: you're texting and driving?

From waitwithnate: no! I would never! I've got a driver

Oh. Mister fancy man with the driver. I wonder where he was coming and I wondered if he lived close by or if he was from another city entirely. I wondered what he actually looked like. Maybe. Maybe he's someone I've met before? He doesn't sound like it though. I mean, we've talked everyday for two weeks now so know his voice, I can even pick it out in my sleep. It's just... I wonder if we'll ever get there? The two of us having breakfast? The two of us having breakfast with Jaden.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Jaden walking into the kitchen until he tapped my hand.

"Hey! You're ready."

"Yeah. You talking to your boyfriend?" Jaden asked and I rolled my eyes at him. I grabbed a cup and poured a little water into it, sliding said cup over to Jaden who drinks it all once. It's something I do every morning, make him drink a little water before we do anything else. Jaden somehow forgets to drink water.

I had already ordered this bottle on amazon, it was ridiculously big and it had the hours of the day on it. It was perfect for Jaden. Jaden was dressed in a graphic tshirt and dark ripped jeans with combat boots, beanie pulled over his hair.

While Jaden ordered an Uber, I quickly typed out a response to Nate.

To waitwithnate: well, aren't you the perfect brother

Nate's response was pretty quick like he was waiting for my response.

From waitwithnate: I could say the same about you

To waitwithnate: it's too early to be cheeky

From waitwithnate: there's no such thing, angel

We got into the Uber waiting outside and I alternating between Jaden and replying Nate The ride to the breakfast bar took less than I expect but thankfully it wasn't packed fill of people. There were just a handful here and there with some empty seats. The little diner was warm and smelt like chocolate and coffee, white walls with little lights and everything looked plush and soft, not the regular stiff chairs.

Once we took our seat, a waitress appears by our sides with menus.

"Welcome to 24eleven. What would you like?"

I flipped through the small menu and finally decided. "I'll have the double chocolate chip pancakes with syrup and bacon. Lots of bacons. And a latte."