The beginning of the end

Monday sure looks good on everyone in Barrister Mary's office. Loretta couldn't help but wonder how lawyers get clients, when they aren't even allowed to make advertisements of any kind. She could have sworn that no legal office existed where Barrister Mary's office was located, since the sign board was next to invisibility.

The receptionist welcomed her with a warm smile, one that should be appreciated with a million dollars, to Loretta, the smile was priceless

"Goodmorning, I'm here to see Barrister Mary, is she around?" She asked the receptionist inquisitively.

Loretta wasn't so sure of how to feel, she was anxious, curious, nervous and scared of what Richard's reaction would be, when he found out that she stepped foot in a lawyer's office. Moreover, she kept worrying about Keren's scholarship examination which she is to sit for, that same morning. Loretta's head is the seat of emotions, far beyond her own comprehension.

"Madam, are you Susana? because the appointment with Barrister Mary this morning is with Miss Su....."

"Oh, that's my cousin, we are supposed to see her together, I'm sure she will be here soon", Loretta cuts in.

A red car rushed into the garage, the clumsiness with which she drove in, proved to Loretta that her troublesome cousin had  arrived. Susana is definitely the opposite of Loretta, if Richard had married her, he would have spent 600 years in hell by now. She is a nice woman, but definitely not so nice to tolerate an abusive beast as a husband. She sometimes taunts Loretta with the question of how she sleeps on his bed at night without nurturing the thoughts of strangling him to death.

"Hey couz..I'm so sorry for coming late" she apologized with a sweet hug.

They dashed into Barrister Mary's office, after the receptionist gave them the permission to do so.

"Verily I say unto you, a woman shall die a million times in the hands of a man if she refuses to snap out of her fears and face the reality, I have Seen them die, and you don't want to join the list. Pleasant morning women, please have your seat" she said as she stretched her hands forward for a welcome handshake.

"I believe that's a very rude thing to say, I won't die. I thought lawyers are solution providers, are you trying to add to my pain? Suzzy, get me out of here immediately" she replied angrily

"Oh, you are free to leave madam Loretta, but I forgot to add to the fact that women like you see the truth as a threat and an insult to their already broken personality. Leave, but be sure that I will definitely attend your funeral, ah-ah-ah", she ended her sentence with a hysterical laugh.

Loretta gave a loud hiss and bounced out of her office, Susana rushed after her but she walked too fast. She left her chambers without a goodbye and obviously on a sad note. Her eyes filled with tears, hands shaking from the realization of the truth that was just thrown at her, it took her 5 minutes and 20 seconds to realise that she hasn't used her break at all on the highway.

The Barrister's hell of a speech kept ringing in her head, she couldn't stop murmuring the word "I won't die, I won't die, I won't die, I won't die". The entire world seems to be against her, even her tyres were busy screeching in the negative of her thought.

"Ton - ton - ton ", her phone vibrated. She snapped out of her thought, immediately the message notification dropped, she grabbed her phone, ignored the missed calls from suzzy and went straight to her inbox.

"Wiffy, thanks for signing the papers yesterday, I would like to inform you that the company building at Alex arena has been sold. Don't bother to ask questions, but I promise to buy your favourite kilishi on my way back home tonight, thank you for being wealthy..."