Chapter 15

A/N - So this chapter ended up going places I hadn't planned on, but I just went with it, so I hope you don't mind this little detour

Marinette was starting to regret having promised Nathaniel and Marc she would help them set up their art installation in the courtyard during the lunch break. Adrien and Nino had a spare period before lunch and had gone to Nino's place to finish off a group assignment. They had offered for her to come with them, but she had already promised Marc and Nathaniel because Alya was helping Rose and Juleka with one of their projects. She sighed, anxious for this last week of assessments to be over. With it finally being the last week of school, there was a buzz in the air, but also apprehension about what would happen once the school year ended. It wasn't just the school year ending though, it was school forever. Marinette took another deep sigh and couldn't help but wonder what the future would bring, but she also smiled to herself because no matter what that future would be, she would have Adrien with her. After eating her lunch she walked into the school courtyard. The school grounds were still fairly empty since most of the other grades were on end of year beach trips, leaving mostly just the seniors there. Marinette felt her phone buzzed with a text.

Adrien: Stuck in traffic. Two trucks collided, fruit everywhere!! Trying to get back but nothing is moving.

Marinette shook her head. She really had hoped to steal a few minutes with him before the lunch break ended. Oh well, they will just have to make up for it after school.

Marinette: Don't worry. I'll see you when you get here.

Adrien: I love you xx

Marinette: Love you too xx

"Hey Marinette, over here." Nathaniel called out and Marinette made her way over to where he and Marc were. They had managed to rope Kim and Alix into helping as well. Kim was already high up on a ladder Alix was holding and hanging fragments of mirrors off a vine like tree.

"Oh there she is, the girl who captured the most eligible guy in Paris." Alix teased, recounting one of the many headlines that had graced the gossip columns that morning. "So how was your weekend?" She asked, throwing Marinette a wink which she chose to ignore. Marinette had already copped enough of an earful off Aya on the phone last night when she found out Marinette and Adrien had platonically shared a bed, claiming Marinette must have a will of steel not to claim that sort after body for her own. Marinette wasn't about to reopen that can of worms.

"Busy, and I thought Chat Noir was the most eligible bachelor in Paris?" Alix and Kim laughed.

"Oh man, Chat Noir has only ever had eyes on Ladybug." Kim explained as he came down the ladder. "Have you seen some of those pics Alya posted? That guy is never gonna look at anyone else. I mean, who can blame him right, Ladybug is damn hot in that suit you have got to admit. Just look at her butt when she moves." Marinette could feel her cheeks burning. Alix gave Kim a slap on the arm.

"How about I tell Ondine you have been checking out Ladybug's butt?" Kim just shrugged at her.

"She knows." He said. "I'm allowed to peruse the menu, as long as I eat at home." Marinette really needed to shift this conversation away from her butt and what exactly Kim was implying with that statement.

"Um...what is this exactly?" Marinette pointed at the structure being erected and looked at Nathaniel and Marc. The two boys looked at each other shyly.

"It's about finding the hero in yourself." Marc said. "You see your own reflection in the mirrors..."

"Except for these." Nathaniel held up a few other mirrors with frames. "Take a look." Marinette held up the mirror to her face, and could see her reflection with a Rena Rouge mask and ears looking back at her. "These are some of the Miraculous superheroes. Alya helped us out. She thinks there are other temporary hero's around that she caught rumours of, but these ones she had pictures of so we could base the images off them." Marinette nodded, handing the mirror back to Nathaniel.