Chapter 14

A slither of sunlight peeked through the crack between the curtains. Marinette groaned and tried to roll over, but couldn't seem to move. She laid perfectly still, opening one eye to take in her surroundings. The first thing she saw was blue. Lots and lots of blue. She then became aware of the soft rise and fall of the pillow she had her head on. Hold up, that wasn't a pillow, that was Adrien's chest. Slowly the pieces of the night started to register back into her mind and she smiled to herself.

Marinette and Adrien had gone into the local town and had dinner at a small Thai restaurant. It was quiet and peaceful and almost surreal to be on an actual 'real' date as Adrien put it, not that Marinette ever minded. She would be just as happy to sit on a rooftop and look at the stars, as long as they were together. Adrien though had always dreamed of being able to spoil her like a proper girlfriend. Taking out his phone, he snapped a cute selfie of the two of them when their food arrived, posting it to his Instagram.

@adrienagrestebrand - I love being able to spoil my beautiful girlfriend @marinettedesigned. She deserves the world. I feel so lucky she chose me.

Marinette was pretty sure she could almost hear the hearts breaking all over France once the post went live. If only they knew she had snared both most eligible bachelors in Paris in one perfect package. She had been worried that their might have been a backlash to Adrien being officially off the market, but as the messages came in it seemed his fans were happy for him with #couplegoals quickly starting to trend. This was also followed by a few text messages from Alya offering several less than innocent suggestions for after dinner activities. Adrien just chuckled at Marinette's beet red face, kissing her hand and telling her how beautiful she looked when she was flustered, making her even redder, that damn cat. She did however decide against telling him exactly what Alya had been suggesting.

After dinner they came back to the Chateau, but neither of them were tired. Lottie had quite an impressive DVD library of old movies, so they picked out a few Bogart and Bacall classics, got into their pajamas and sat up on Adrien's bed for a movie marathon. Somewhere between The Big Sleep and Key Largo, and several smooching sessions later, Marinette had nodded off to sleep, which is how she now found herself in a tangle of arms and legs with Adrien.

She had to admit though, that she was so comfortable, and there was something comforting about listening to the steady rhythm of another person breathing. She wasn't sure what the time was but knew she should really get up and go back to her own room. Marinette tried to move, but Adrien's arm tightened around her and snuggled her more into his chest. She didn't know that he had already been awake for the last half hour with his eyes shut, just enjoying the feeling of having her in his arms.

"Where are you going?" He said cheekily, bringing his other arm around and rolling slightly more towards her, hooking his leg over her hip and pinning her in place. He opened his eyes and saw her bright blue ones looking back up at him, with her messy bed hair and flushed cheeks. Oh this girl was doing things to him and it was really hard in this position to not go there.

"What if Nathalie comes in?" She asked in all seriousness, but Adrien just chuckled.

"She does knock first you know." He said with an amused grin. "Besides, we're fully clothed, I doubt Nathalie would jump to conclusions." Marinette relaxed back into Adrien's side, listening to his heart beat beneath her ear. Fourteen year old Marinette would have fainted at the idea of waking up like this, nestled in Adrien's warm and protective embrace, but now it felt so natural. As Ladybug and Chat Noir they had always blurred the lines of friendship somewhat, although before this she never would have admitted that. The nature of the job had often brought them into close contact with each other, entangled limb, tangled up in her yo-yo, shut into small spaces, even a few kisses that passed through akumas. More than once, after a late night akuma they had fallen asleep on a rooftop, just like this, secure in the knowledge the other one was there.