🩹thirty-five

you're the chimney

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

wednesday

hyunnie
soobin?
you haven't been to school in two days.. are you okay??

friday

hyunnie
hyung, are you alright?

soobsoob 🧸
sorry for worrying you
i went on a trip with my parents. i'm fine :)

hyunnie
are you sure?
i'm glad you're okay

soobsoob 🧸
💕

-

taehyun lies awake in his bed, tossing and turning as thoughts race through his mind. a holiday in the middle of the week? is he lying to me? is soobin really okay? 

hyejin has gone to bed hours ago and is probably dreaming of yong-sun under her toasty duvet. but taehyun feel ice cold. happy thoughts. think happy thoughts. soobin is fine. 

taehyun doesn't remember what makes him happy anymore, he's far to anxious. staring up at the ceiling with wide eyes.

maybe it's the lack of sleep, or the loneliness finally getting to him, that causes him to feel a presence beside him.

he turns his head with a small smile and beomgyu smiles back at him. taehyun knows he's imagining his crush in front of him, this isn't real. wait? HIS CRUSH?

"damn, i'm deep in this love shit." he mutters under his breath as the imaginary beomgyu continues to smile at him. 

taehyun feels the warmth spread in his body as beomgyu wraps an arm around him. holding him with a secure grip, this is so lovely. he feels happy, and loved. even though it's all in his head. 

and it is as if the universe is listening in on taehyun's thoughts, because just as he's erasing beomgyu from next to him on his bed, his phone starts buzzing. he answers quickly, it's beomgyu calling. 

it's 02:47 am, and taehyun is sitting upright in his bed, trying to calm down the love of his life over the phone. beomgyu is half crying, half laughing his ass off. and taehyun doesn't know if he's alright or not. 

"hyyunn...-i'm- i'm so fucking scared right now." the younger cries from the other end of the line. 

"where are you?" 

"in the park.. and it's- it's so fucking dark out here." 

"why are you out so late, hyung?" taehyun is just as distressed as beomgyu. this kid makes me worry about him all the damn time. 

"i fell asleep when it was light outside! please.. come-come get me hyun!" 

taehyun turns on the lamp on his bedside table. hurrying out of bed and then out of his dimly lit bedroom. 

"i'm scared." beomgyu grows silent after the words escape his mouth, "what if i get kidnapped?"

"shush, don't make yourself more scared than you already are!" 

taehyun literally jumps up the stairs into his mum's bedroom. opening the door, tapping his mum's shoulder until she stirs awake. "mommy-"

"raindrop? is everything okay?" she asks, almost wide-awake at the sight of her panicked son. 

"mommy, beomgyu is wandering the streets alone. and he's scared and- "

"what's happened to him?" 

"i don't know, he's frantic and all alone in the park, in the dark!! and he wants me to go get him. can i? please, mommy, i need to get him!" 

the words 'all alone in the dark' make hyejin's mommy instincts go wild. 

"no way in hell!" she almost shouts. it takes taehyun aback and beomgyu whimpers out a cry from the other end of the line. 

"i'm coming with you, you idiot." 

hyejin drives to the park in her nightgown. taehyun is still on the phone with beomgyu, who is loudly sobbing into the phone. 

"hyung, stay calm. please just wait a few more minutes. in a second you'll be under a warm blanket at my house."

and seven minutes later beomgyu is safely seated in the back of hyejin's car. wiping his tears as taehyun rubs his back. 

"i just wanted to get away from my house. i don't want to see her, i don't want to see her." the older repeats as hyejin turns on the engine to keep them warm. 

"who? who is it you don't want to see?" hyejin asks, turning back to look at the boys. 

"my step- mm-mum,"

"please don't take me back to their house. i want to stay with you and be happy. they don't want me to be happy!" beomgyu weeps, making an ugly grimace. 

but taehyun never thinks he's ugly, because beomgyu is a masterpiece. he's just waiting for someone to understand him. someone to love him. taehyun wants to understand him and love him, maybe he already is?

"i promise, we won't take you back. not today at least." hyejin says, stroking beomgyu's hair before turning towards the steering wheel again. 

under taehyun's duvet everything feels safe again. they're sharing the younger's bed, there was no time to pull out a matress from the cellar. but neither of the two minds it. 

"hyun, you're like my safe person." beomgyu whispers with a sniffle. 

"i'm like your what-?" taehyun must've misheard what beomgyu said. he must have. 

"you make me feel safe. with you, right now, i could just die and feel content. wait no, scratch that i haven't patted rocky goodbye yet- fuck that was supposed to be sweet." 

"do i honestly make you feel safe?" taehyun is teary as beomgyu's words take a few rounds in his head. his safe person? 

"of course, you're like the brick house, keeping those pigs safe from the big, bad wolf." 

taehyun's tears quietly roll down his cheeks at the childish comparison, but he has a smile on his face. beomgyu shuffles closer to him on the bed and tucks his head into his shoulder.

the bed is small, they have to be close. but a teeny bit of taehyun hopes that maybe beomgyu wants to be closer to him?

"you make me feel safe too, hyung."

taehyun puts a hand in beomgyu's hair, stroking his hair. they're in a sleep-deprived state. acting the way they want to, without letting their anxiety and nerves ruin their moment.

this has to be the plot to some stupid movie. or maybe a shitty book from the corner shop? it certainly sounds like it.

but anyways, here's the cheesy ending-line;

"if i'm the brick house, you're the chimney."

☁️

pls stop making the fairytale thing dirty. it wasn't my intention at all :D

thanks for being so patient with me. i'm excited to write the next chapter ♡