🩹thirty-one

hiding in the closet and staying awake 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

beomgyu's bedroom is the size of a shoebox. and taehyun is impressed that he has managed to fit a bed, a closet and a desk in here.

the only source of light is a small bulb in the ceiling and it doesn't even have a lamp shade to protect beomgyu's eyes. (cover up your bulbs people! uncovered bulbs can damage your eyes very badly!)

they're there to pack a pair of jammies for beomgyu and his toothbrush. taehyun curiously looks around the small room, whilst beomgyu is rushing to find all his desired items quickly.

the younger doesn't understand why he's so stressed out. his eyes wander all around the shoebox of a room, the walls are a pale shade of blue and there's a giraffe poster from a magazine taped on the wall above beomgyu's bed. 

a sudden yell for "beomgyu?!" startles them both. and steps from the hallway alarms the older. he swears four times and swiftly shoves them both into his closet before taehyun can comprehend what's actually happening. 

"hyung, what the hell are you doing?" taehyun whispers, but beomgyu puts a hand over his mouth to keep him quiet. shutting the closet door with a quiet thud and everything turns dark. 

"shhh. please just be quiet. i didn't know she'd be home this early." beomgyu whispers in a desperate tone.

taehyun feels his heartbeat in his throat as he hears a woman's voice again from the hallway. beomgyu removes his hand from the younger's mouth, trusting that he'll be quiet.

"beomgyu?! are you home?" she yells again, taehyun holds onto beomgyu to keep his balance in the cramped space. the older is stepping on his foot and he has to bite into his lip to stay quiet. 

"ooh, why is it so dark?" beomgyu mutters to himself.

and taehyun suddenly realises how close they are, and how almost intimate this is. hiding from someone in a dark closet, this is almost like a drama. taehyun likes watching scenes like this, but why is it so awkward to be like this in real life?

taehyun lets go of him for a brief moment. he hates how cramped this is. 

"please, don't let go of me." beomgyu whispers, his voice is small, he sounds almost frightened.

it makes taehyun's heart sink, almost pitying the older. he grabs onto him again, telling beomgyu 'i'm here, you're okay' without words. 

the minutes pass by and the woman is in the living room watching the television. beomgyu gently pushes the closet door open. quickly reaching for his bag of necessities, turning towards taehyun who steps out of the closet after him. 

"we have to go out through the window." 

taehyun has a look of disapproval on his face as beomgyu quickly pushes the window open. "do we really?"

"please, just climb out the damn window," beomgyu whispers desperately, "you won't understand. just trust me!" 

taehyun decides not to push it and watches beomgyu climb out the window with ease. beomgyu's bedroom is on the first floor, so they'll land safely on the ground. taehyun quickly turns off the bedroom lights, almost smiling as he sees beomgyu's hand reaching back in through the window. 

"take my hand, i don't want you to get hurt." 

taehyun's knees almost collapse under him as the words escape beomgyu's mouth. he shyly grabs the older's hand, slipping out through the window with a small grin on his face. his feet land softly on the ground and beomgyu pushes the window closed with his spare hand.