We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals

Start from the beginning

   "Do I have a 6:00?" Eleanor asked her secretary as the older woman looked through the schedule on her desk.

   "No Dr. Hargreeves. All done for the night." Sarah, the secretary, said happily.

   Just as Eleanor was about to speak, something on the radio caught her attention.

   "Moments ago, police reported the death of the most eccentric and reclusive billionaire..."

"Hey Sarah, can you turn up the radio?" She asked hurriedly as she moved closer to hear it better.

   "Sure thing doc."

"Sir Reginald Hargreeves was found dead in his home this morning. Some of our sources have claimed it to be a heart attack, but we have yet to confirm it. Our thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family at this time."

   The radio announced as Eleanor stood in shock, unable to process what she's just heard.

   "Huh, the old man finally kicked the bucket." Eleanor joked in an effort to alleviate the tension in the room, but Sarah merely ignored it and gave her a hug.

"I'm so sorry Eleanor. I know you two weren't close but he was still your father." Sarah said, her motherly instincts kicking in.

   The two released from the embrace and Eleanor went to grab her coat from the hook.

   "Can...can you uh cancel all of next week?" Eleanor asked as she tried to hold the tears back.

   "Of course honey, but where are you going?" Sarah wondered and Eleanor looked at her grimly, knowing what she had to do.

   "I'm going home."

Time jump :)

Eleanor pulled her car up in front of the academy and let out a long sigh before getting out.

   I never thought I'd be here again.

   She thought to herself as she stood before the place that she once called home.

Before she could knock on the door, it opened to reveal an older looking Pogo with a sad smile on his face.

   "Oh Miss Eleanor! How wonderful it is to see you again, although it is under such terrible circumstances." He added as the two gave each other a long hug.

"I've missed you so much." Eleanor admitted with tear filled eyes.

   "And I have missed you all as well." Pogo said with a soft smile.

"Wait...all? Who else is here?" Eleanor asked, immediately wiping the tears from her eyes.

   "Everyone is. You are the last to arrive." Pogo told her, causing Eleanor to tense up.

"Oh ok...I guess I'll just go find Mom then." Eleanor said timidly, anxious to see her siblings again.

But before Eleanor could do so, she heard a familiar voice call her name.

   "Ellie! Is that you?" Allison asked with a smile across her face and Vanya following close behind her.

"The one and only." Eleanor joked as she gave both of her sisters a hug.

   "You look great! What have you been up to?" Allison asked curiously.

"Well I went to school to become a psychiatrist and I have my own practice now. It's a few blocks away." Ellie said with a short smile, which the girls reciprocated.