Ch 2: LORD HELP ME

NEXT DAY

Reyna's POV

Outside Glenys' Apartment

Where is this girl?! She's always late! Am I the only one that cares about getting to class on time? First, Farrah comes walking out the house looking like highlighter Frat hoe. Who wears a light-bright green, deep V-neck, sweater-vest with no shirt on under, and a Britney Spears short skirt with neon Copa Zone socks? Boo Boo the sun called and asked you to stop stealing its shine.

And now Glenys. What is she doing? I bet you Nate is here. Every time they "study together", she is always late. I swear if she makes me late for this exam Imma flip her whole building, not the table, not the chair, THE WHOLE BUILDING. And I'm not talking like HGTV either.

"Rey? Why do you look like you just ate bad tacos? What are you thinking about so hard?" Farrah asks making a face.

Dropping you at the corner to make me some money. "This exam girl. Just going over the info in my head." I say looking out the window.

"Now you know for a fact that you are the second smartest person at our school." Farrah says encouraging me me...I think.

Don't remind me. Jerk Ji Kim. I think with a frown.

"And you know that you'll get the highest grade on the exam as usual." She adds. As she finishes her sentence Glenys walks out of the building looking just as bright as Farrah in bright turquoise.

What?! Did these two plan to make me look like I'm driving a bag of tropical skittles? It's bad enough my dad decided to buy me a fuscia colored car, but this...I'm done. I think putting my shades on. I'm so done.

Glenys gets in the car. "Hey GeGe!! You look cute." I say tapping my shades.

"Eww! Don't hate Rey 'cause you wish you looked this good." Glenys says playfully rolling her eyes at me. "Anyways, how YOU doing ELL?" Glenys says turning her attention to Farrah.

"Fabulous as always. Don't feel bad she looked at me funny too. But, I still love my little nerdy church mouse." She says pinching my cheek, and then looks at Glenys. "So...is it safe to say that you and Mr. Nathaniel Belaire were "studying" again?" She says making air quotation marks, and smirking.

Ugh, please no details

Ugh, please no details. I don't want to share the grits, eggs, toast and cranberry juice I ate for breakfast.

"Yes, we were studying for real this time." She answers blushing.

Umhm...for real like Trump's Toupee.

"You studied "for real"? Yea, the size and color of his tighty whities does not count as adequate course curriculum Gee." Farrah says laughing.

"He does not wear TIGHTY WHITIES!!! He wears boxer briefs!!" She yells before covering her mouth.

"BUSTED!!!" Farrah and I say simultaneously.