Smart and Smarter

No matter how many times I walk through these halls I will never like coming to school. It's a place full of bullies and know-it-alls. Unfortunately for me, that includes my know-it-all boyfriend. Sometimes it annoys me how smart he is. He can be a big cocky too and that doesn't look good in my eyes. But I'm not going to break up with him over something like that. That would just be stupid.

I was walking in with Bree and Adam "Oh check out what I've done to my locker!" Adam opened it up and a bunch of crap was hanging from it. It looked like what underneath my bed looked like when I was five "Tada! Here's where I keep my books, down here I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches." Eww. That is so gross. "And here is where I stock pile old lunches or as I like to call it: My tum tum yum yums." Wow. Just wow.

Leo walked over to us with a piece of paper in his hand "Hey Leo." Bree greeted "What's that."

"My progress report. I can't believe my science teacher says I'm always late to class."

"But you're always late to class." Adam said and I smiled.

"I know that but I don't need it publicized."

Suddenly Chase ran over to us and I smiled at him "Look at this! An A minus? I knew my home ec teacher had it out for me. Always criticising my muffins."

"Haha I beat you. I got a D plus. Plus because I'm better." I rolled my eyes at Adam.

"Adam the plus is...you know what it's just not even worth it anymore."

"D is not a good grade. But we don't really expect you to get good grades. I'm engineered to be the smartest person on the planet and I just got an A minus. I've been relegated to the huddled unwashed masses of minuses...like you!"

"Watch it Mr." I told Chase.

"Chase I know this must be hard for you but I mean look at the bright side. Seeing you fall flat on your face is really fun for us." Bree said.

I sat down next to Chase "I've got to find a way to reclaim my superiority." Oh great here we go.

"Well you could sign up for the student of the semester competition." Leo suggested.

"What's that?"

"Every semester, kids compete to see who can who can best improve the school. Whoever gets the most school votes wins free pencils, a bumper sticker and a cheesy picture of himself on the wall."

"And that cheesy picture will show everyone that my brilliance reigns supreme! I am so going to win!" Chase jumped up and I rolled my eyes. I was so not going to get involved with this. It can only go bad.

"Oh! I call your free pencils! No, wait! I want the cheesy picture! Oh gosh they both sound so good."

I feel so bad for Adam. Mr. Davenport should as a few brain cells to the few he has already. It's just a suggestion.

Chase kissed my cheek and then the bell rang. Adam and Chase looked at each other "Race ya!" and they took off.

"See you guys later." My class was only a few steps away so I wasn't worried.

The next day Chase came down the stairs handing out cards. He spotted me at the end of the stairs "Hey cutie." he said "Vote for me?"

"Who else would I vote for?"

He smiled and spotted Adam, Bree and Leo "hey!" Chase said handing Leo a card that said CHASE THE DREAM "What do you think?"

"What do I think or what's appropriate to say to your face?"