Chapter XXXVII

After twenty-six hours of being in airports and airplanes I finally got to San Sebastian, Spain. I claimed my luggage and called a cab. I asked the driver to take me to a hotel close to where I had been living with Antoine.

I checked in and as soon as I was set in, I called James, like I promised I would. He had gotten to France three hours before I came here.

"Hello?"

"Hola, James!" I said excitedly.

"Margie, hola! How are you? Where are you?"

"I'm good, I just arrived at this hotel about ten minutes away from my flat, I mean, Antoine's flat."

"When are you going for your stuff?"

"Maybe in a few hours, it's just 6:00 a.m. here so it's too early."

"Brazil plays today against Germany, you know?"

"Is it today? Has time passed this quickly?"

"I'm afraid so, we lost one entire day flying." James said. "Will you watch the match?"

"Probably, I'm not sure. Will you?"

"Yes, I want to see who wins. Honestly, I want Germany to win."

"They probably will win." I said. "So, how are Daniela and Salome?"

"They are both sleeping, but they are good."

"Say hi to them for me when they wake up."

"I will."

"And how are you?"

"I'm fine, really tired though. Salome didn't sleep at all in the last flight. Do you know what is it like to take care of a toddler for like seven hours in a plane?"

"No, but I can imagine."

"I walked all around the plane, following her. She just couldn't stay in her seat and Daniela was sleeping so it was just me. I swear it was one of the best and longest workouts I have ever had. My body is aching right now."

"I bet." I said chuckling. "Just imagine when you have another one."

"Right now I doubt I'll have another kid, I won't have strength to take care of two."

"You sound like a forty-year-old man." I said.

"I feel like one right now." He whined.

"Why don't you go catch some sleep before she wakes up."

"Good idea."

"I'll talk to you later then." I said. "Bye, James!"

"Bye Margie!"

After I hung up I went to the restaurant to have breakfast and also to get the newspaper, I needed to look for flats or something to rent, I couldn't live in a hotel. But today wasn't a good one, the properties were too far, too big, or too expensive. I sighed in frustration. I needed my computer to search and find something faster but it was in Antoine's flat.

I paid for the food and went out, I needed some fresh air. I walked for almost an hour without a direction. I just put on my headphones and blocked out the rest of the world for a while. It was good to be back.

Then I decided to go to my university which wasn't that far away from where I was. I needed to see if they could transfer me back to the university in France. It was the best plan I had so far.

I arrived at the place and went straight to the information office, I was lucky to find the place opened.

"Buenos dias." I greeted with a small smile.