happy anniversary

it had been exactly one month since henry asked charlotte to be his girlfriend. it took place on prom night. henry was so nervous to ask her to prom because she had just moved here and didn't want to make her uncomfortable. but to his surprise, she said yes and they ended up having the best night of their life.

later that night, instead of going to the prom after party, they decided to stroll around the park. after such a great night, henry didn't want to remain friends after that so he did what he never thought he could do and asked her to be his girlfriend. again, to his surprise, she said yes. even though they've only known each other for two weeks.

everyone was shocked that henry was dating the new girl. charlotte wasn't someone you'd think was henry's type because he usually dated skinny blondes with long legs. and people teased charlotte a little for that, but it all eventually died down after a week or so.

anyway, henry had tonight planned about three days prior. he put daffodils in charlotte's locker because it was yellow, which was her favorite color. then, he was going to take her to cool a really cool restaurant that he paid a lot for. after that, he'd take her to this store and buy her a shoe that she's wanted for the longest time. and to sum up their perfect night, they would then stroll around the park just like the prom night.

it was probably too much for just a one month anniversary, but charlotte meant so much to him. he'd give the world to her.

henry stood at the end of the hallway, hiding behind the lockers, waiting eagerly for charlotte to arrive.

charlotte, having no idea that henry was planning anything, opened her locker and was shocked to find daffodils in her locker. a card was stuck to it that read 'happy anniversary!'. it didn't take long before she started sneezing. and it wasn't one or two, but it was a lot.

henry ran to her.

"are you okay?" he asked, rubbing charlotte's back.

"yeah, i'm okay," she answered, before sneezing one more time. "are those daffodils?"

henry nodded.

"i'm allergic."

"oh, i'm so sorry, i had no idea,"

"it's not your fault," charlotte shrugged. "i never told you i was allergic. they're still really pretty. thanks."

henry removed them from her locker and threw them away. then he placed his arm around her and walked to class.

"i'll be at your house by six," henry says. he had just explained his plans for tonight, but didn't reveal where they were going exactly.

charlotte and henry were holding hands outside of the school. their arms were swinging all around.

"okay," charlotte said, nodding her head. "are you sure you can't just tell me one place we'll be going to?"

"no, it has to be a total surprise."

"i think it's super sweet that you wanted to do all this for me. thank you." she said, giving henry a peck.

"no problem," he replied.

they would love to stay and chat, but charlotte's bus was coming.

"i guess i'll see you later," charlotte says.

"yeah,"

"bye," charlotte says, giving him a small hug, then walks to her bus.

later on, at around six-thirty, the two were taking an uber to a very nice restaurant. it was expensive and hard to get reservations. the only problem is that they were stuck in traffic and their had thirty minutes to get there or they would give their spot to someone else.