part 7

Hey guys I'm back with another chapter after too many months of not writing this, so I'm gonna try and post some more of this book and try and finish it.

"I've been looking for you everywhere. Where did you go?" Kurogiri cocked his misty head to the side as he questioned the boy in front of him.

Izuku took a deep breath and began to tell him everything that had happened to him the past many days.

All the heroes he's met, the class he's in. He told him everything.

Kurogiri stood in silence for a few seconds. He was partly shocked at the fact that heroes would take in a known villain.

As Kurogiri silently stood there, Izuku began to tense up, awaiting a harsh reprimand for not returning to the league.

"Good job" 

Those two words were a surprise to Izuku. "For what?" 

"For infiltrating UA, of course! We've been trying to get an informant on the inside, you'd be the perfect candidate." 

He placed his gaseous hands on Izuku's shoulders. 

"I want you to gain their trust, learn everything you can. Can you do that?"

Izuku took a moment to think. The question he's been asking himself for the past two days was answered for him.

"Yes, yes, I can"

"Then I shall tell All for one and Shigaraki what you are doing. They're sure to be just as proud as I am."

Kurogiri opened a warp gate and left the alley.

Izuku walked back to the house and saw that Aizawa was still gone. He went inside, relocked the door, re-hid the key and went to sleep.

The morning after passed in a blur. Izuku quickly made breakfast for him and Aizawa.
During the car ride to the school, he thought about what Kurogiri had asked him to do.

How was he going to get the information when the heroes didn't trust him, and more importantly, what were the villains going to do with the information?

When they arrived at UA. Izuku immediately walked to the homeroom where he saw only two students had arrived.
The blue-haired boy with the engine legs and bakugou.

He sat at his desk and waited for the other students to arrive.

As he waited, Bakugou turned in his chair to face him.
"Hey dumbass, why did you leave yesterday?"

Izuku slightly froze at the question. He didn't think bakugou cared.

"I was just overwhelmed at everything." 

Bakugou simply nodded. "I'll tell those idiots to tone it down" 

When Bakugou turned back around, all the other students started arriving one by one.

He eyed the students and tried thinking about what quirks they may have. Some were blatantly obvious, but others were harder to figure out.

Aizawa addressed the class.
“As I'm sure most of you know, you all will be participating in the UA sports festival. The school is confident that it has proper crisis control.
This is a good opportunity for all of you” 

He stared directly at Izuku “this isn't some event that'll be brought to a halt by the likes of villains.”
Izuku slunk slightly in his seat, ‘fuck he’s talking about me.’ 

When he finished talking, everyone started discussing what they think will happen during the festival.

Izuku began quietly muttering to himself about how he could gather information about everyone during the festival. He figured it would be a perfect opportunity to gather data without looking suspicious.

During the morning classes, Izuku barely paid any attention to the teacher.
Instead he wrote down everything he already knew about the school, and his classmates' quirks, which wasn't much, as he only saw them briefly. 

During lunch, he ordered a katsudon as it looked interesting. He nearly cried when he took the first bite, it was the best thing he's ever tasted.

“Hey what's your name again, I don't think you ever told us.” 

He looked up from the bowl of heaven to the black-haired boy.

“You can call me Izuku.”

“Well, I'm Sero, that's Mina, and that's Denki.”

They talked a bit more about nothing in particular, and this time Izuku didn't get too overwhelmed.

After school was over, Aizawa drove the two of them home.

“Im sure you figured this out by now, but you're not going to be participating in the sports festival. We don't trust you that much.” 

“Yeah I know.”

“However, we are making the decision to allow you to take off that bracelet during the festival and explore freely, there's going to be enough heroes around to make sure you don't get into trouble.” 

Izuku couldn't help but to smile in delight, not only was he going to be able to gather intel, but he was also able to freely explore and not have to worry about being shocked, he did a mental jump for joy, then a physical one when they got out. 

He was so excited for the festival that he could hardly sleep.

Midway through the night his excitement left, ‘the heroes really trust me now, I should feel happy about that, so why don't i?’ 

He wanted to help the league and (mostly) Kurogiri, but on the other hand, it seemed like the heroes truly wanted to help him, and the people in Kacchans group were really nice to him.

He felt at odds with himself about whether or not he wanted to sabotage and betray his new-found friends.

“I guess I'll make my decision at the festival.”  

All throughout the week leading up to the sports festival, he kept debating with himself about whether or not he wanted to be a villain like how they raised him, or a hero like he had always dreamt he would be.  

Meanwhile, in the league. 

“So Kurogiri you're really sure we should trust that brat of a nomu to be our inside informant.” 

“Indeed, I have full faith in him.”

Shigaraki scratched his neck in thought.

“If he doesn't come back with useful information about all might.” while speaking he stopped scratching and took a sip of his drink (that was secretly just apple juice).
“Then it's game over for him.”

All for one silently listened from the radio, a slight grin spread on his face as he awaited what would happen next.