29

"That smile meant the universe to me, but the universe didn't want it to remain with me...so it took it away from me."

F.A.B.

I paced about in my room feeling annoyed, I'm not anxious, I just want my bibble, the meeting is in the evening, they're coming over for dinner, so that means a cook will be hired. I sighed and looked about...I'm so not going to be on my best behaviour tonight or all through this holiday even. I approached my drawer and took out my dark blue jeans and a black T-shirt...it's not a formal event, it's just a joint-family dinner, so what I wear isn't important, what's important is my bibble.

I hate this so much!

I won't be anywhere near the family, I'll be in the game room and the dork that I'll be bonding with will have to meet me there with his own food, I'll have mine there with me, and I'm not sharing, ever.

Knock knock.

I opened my door and saw my dad standing with his hands behind him.

"If you're here to give me a dress, try again, I'm going to be on my usual outfit." I say before he even has the time to speak, then he sighed. Good! The message hit his brain hard.

"Take it just in case," he stated then handed me a black dress, something casual enough and short too...knee length I think. Then I glared at him, he wants me to look "presentable" how charming, I'm not a person pleaser...I do what I want and he is well aware of that fact, and nothing can change it. He better know I won't be staying with all of them in the dining room...I just can't.

I had my bath, dressed in knickers and a sweatshirt and went downstairs to have breakfast, as I walked down the stairs I could perceive the wonderful aroma of moin-moin and pap...oh...oh...oooohhhhh! The yummy goodness. I peeped into the kitchen to see who was preparing it and I saw the cook, I knew it couldn't be that demon of a girl named Precious.

"Good morning" she turned to look at me and her features lightened up as she saw me.

"Look at you Fiyin! You're so radiant, I love your hairdo."

I told you this style is a killer.

"Thank you...what's for breakfast?" I asked even though I already knew.

"Moin-moin and pap"

"Mmmm...nice" I remarked and walked out...that reminds me, I have to loose this hair, but not today, let the black and gold beauty be seen for one more day.

Rusty Necklace.

Ugh...gloom, he hasn't even crossed my mind since I returned...I didn't even want him to...he's nothing but a moron, that Yoruba demon, he's obviously Yoruba with his Southern Nigerian accent, I'm thinking he's from Osun or Ijebu, one of the two maybe Ekiti self. His trouble is way too much abeg.

I got to the dining and saw breakfast on the table...goody, I sat and began to eat when Devilica strode in and immediately my mouth went bitter...she better not try to ruin breakfast, she sat and acted all queenly while I rolled my eyes.

"You know..." She began "there's something called "greeting" right?" She asked. Ugh, why did she have to ask me that, why did she even try to talk.

Breakfast ruined.

"Never heard of it, but it sounds painful."

I returned and the surprise on her face was so evident I laughed on the inside, obviously she wasn't expecting such comeback, so...expect the unexpected.

And that was how the "conversation" died, with me on the winning side and she...well...somewhere on the other side. I had my meal in peace...Tunde must have been to work since he's not at the table by this time, so I quickly ate before the tension gets any thicker and we flare up against each other, it really won't be pleasing in any way.