1685-The Couple Of Lahore

This story is going to be about Abdullah and Nazma a young couple in love but couldn't live together long enough. Abdullah was a stone Mason and Nazma was a princess and she loved to sing.

So one day she was sitting at her huge balcony and singing a praise to God and suddenly she heard a voice it said

"Mashallah kya khoob gaate ho aap" (how well you sing dear)

And suddenly she got up from her swing took the dupatta on her head with her anklets and bangles jingling and exclaimed,

"Aap kon ho ji" (who are you)

Then Abdullah said, "mein ji Abdullah hu masnoi hu pathar kaath kar khoobsurat jewar aur ozaar banata hu" (I am Abdullah a stone Mason, I cut stones and make jewels and weapons out of it)

Then Nazma asked,
"Toh Aap yaha kya kar rhe ho" (so what are you doing here)

Then Abdullah replied to her,
"Ji mujhe Farooqui sahab ne bulaya tha, vaise aap ka Naam kya hain" (Farooqui sir called me, actually what's your name)

"Accha thike ji, Nazma hai mera naam" (oh okay, my name is Nazma) , Nazma replied

Nazma was mesmerized by the voice of Abdullah and Nazma's beauty caught Abdullah's heart and never left it.

Mr. Farooqui, Nazma's father was a very disciplined and strict also a orthodox person.

Nazma ran down her palace stairs to see why her father had called the stone Mason. And she over heard their conversation hiding behind a curtain .

Her father said to Abdullah , " Meri Gudiya ko dekhne nikah ke liye mere dost aur unke bete Aa rhe hai toh hum chahte hai ki aap bohut sundar gulabi rang ka haar bana do aur usme moti aur hire bhi gade hone chahiye."

( for my dearest daughter my friend and his son are going to come to see her for marriage. So I want you to make a pink necklace embedded with pearls and diamonds)

On this Abdullah replied with a twinkle in his eyes," vo toh aise hi bohut khoobsurat hai ji sahab." (she is as it is so beautiful sir)

And Mr. Farooqui replied in a very angry voice" KYA KAHA TUMNE" (WHAT DID YOU SAY)

"Kuch nahi ji 6 din mein bana dunga"(Nothing sir I will make it in 6 days)

When Nazma heard this conversation she was upset as she didn't wanted to get married to Surkh Mir her father's choice for her, because she was feeling a distant feeling for Abdullah . But she knew her father would never understand this.

After a week Mr. Farooqui's friends Mr.Mir and family with their son came over to their Palace for dinner and Abdullah had come to deliver the necklace to Nazma.

They had a moment together she was dressed in white lehanga with a beautiful rose pink dupatta flowing behind. And Abdullah was moment struck they were falling in each other's eyes.

And these eyecontacts continued for 2 months until they were finally into one another. And both started writing letters to each other and even used to meet on Nazma's balcony as Abdullah would climb up and come to see her.

And then one day Nazma's mother found out about them and told this to her father. And her father became furious and kept Nazma locked in a room and no letters of Abdullah reached her. And then it was her marriage day with Mr. Surkh Mir.

There she was sitting fully dressed in her outfit although the outfit was glittering the spark of her face had gone and she was looking a body without soul her tears had dried up.

And finally she heard Abdullah's voice and she was startled And she ran from one side of the room to the another and as she was running her anklets jingled and she with the help of her dupatta jumbed down to Abdullah from her window.

And they hugged each other tight and he put her hair behind her ears and kissed her on her forehead and a tear fell from Nazma's eye like a pearl. He wiped it and then they eloped together hand in hand.

And all of Nazma's father's goons followed them hurriedly and they hid themselves until after 2 days they were coming out of  a mosque(a place where Muslims worship God) after their Nikah (Marriage).

And came the noise of 7 bullets thundering and their lied the bodies of Nazma and Abdullah, the 2 lovers they died but their story lived.

                                  - Khushi D'souza

I really hope you people like this story i know this was sad but will try for stories with a happier ending. Plz do comment guys as it will really motivate me. I am a new writer and your love and appreciation matters to me 😊😊