"You care about keeping this hidden more than taking care of yourself."

"They don't matter to me that much to know." Jinyoung's defense said, crossing his arms.

"Jisoo and Mark?"

"All of what's a so-called group of friends will leave sooner or later. You know that and I don't want their pity."

Jaebum scoffed in disbelief. "Is that why you don't tell me about this too?"

"About what? You know this."

"Don't act clueless. What happened the entire night was more intense than before and has a reason behind it."

"Why are you making a fuss about it? It's the usual,"

Jaebum scoffed at Jinyoung's shrug as if they had known each other two days ago. "I'm not blind. I don't get it, why are you hiding this from me?"

"Because it is my problem! Because I don't want to be the one triggering your episodes for god's sake, why are you making a big deal out of this?"

Jaebum's lashes found it hard to blink, refusing that the said words were from his brother. His feet stepped back, struggling to untangle his mixed feelings.

He couldn't hide his disappointment though, eyes transfixed on the ground as a heavy shaky sigh left his chest.

"Jaebum, shit.... I— "

"I'm not maniac enough to blame you out of all people. Is this how you think of me?" Jaebum let out a dry sarcastic laugh. "I have been honest with you from day one and waited for you to open up at your own pace, to let me in, support you. I was a fool to believe that, fuck you."

"No, I didn't mean— "

Jaebum didn't let him finish, storming out of the room, hurt with heavy shoulders down and another crack in his heart.

'Morning, Jinyoung! How are you feeling today?' -Jisoo

'I worked on the assignment and submitted it for us, rest well!' -Jisoo

'It's past noon, where are you? Bam is asking about you?' -Jisoo

'We are helping him today, remember?'- Jisoo

'Jaebum has just arrived without you. Is everything okay?' -Jisoo

Jisoo sighed, staring at the messages left on read. She tried to swallow all the unsettled feelings clouding her mind. The shift in Jinyoung's behavior started with a few times zoning out, and then missing a class or two that turned into missing days.