chapter 1-Warning. .

"The charm of horror only tempts the strong"

          ~Jean Lorrain~

***********************

It was very dark.

I couldn't see anything.

There was no light.

Nothing.

It was pitch black and silent. My heart was beating rapidly against my rib cage.

There was no one around to whom I could cling to for safety. There was no safety here. This was it. This was my fear; being alone in the dark.And this pin drop silence was making it worse.

I started to walk, though I couldn't see anything, but still I summoned all my courage and tried to walk with my trembling legs. When I finally reached a door I searched for a door knob, and when I found it I flung it open. Suddenly, before I could even take a step into another room that was lit by candles, I heard a sound.

Something.

Someone.

I carefully started to walk into the candle lit room when suddenly I heard a cat shriek. I jumped and my heart skipped a few beats.

"Oh, god! What is happening? Someone please get me out of this!"

I muttered under my breath.

I was beyond terrified. I didn't know why but I followed that voice.

One more shriek.

Terror seized me, but I don't know why I was trying to get closer to where the shriek was coming from. I again heard the voice. It still wasn't clear, but it was more clear than the last time and I kept following it. It took me further and further; that buzz was growing loud, which lead me to a dark corridor.

'Oh, God. Doesn't this house has proper lights?' I thought to myself.

Suddenly I saw some light.

It was coming from a room down the hall from where I stood. I ran to it, stopping just before the entrance of the room.

I was trembling, but still gathered whatever strength I had, took a deep breath, and went into the room.

THIS IS MY HOUSE. GET OUT OF HERE. LEAVE ME ALONE OR YOU WILL ALSO END UP DEAD.

These words were written on the wall with blood, and it was no one else but my own cat who was pinned up at the wall right next to those threatening words.

I didn't know what to do. I was too shocked, too numb, to do anything.

I stood there staring at those words on the wall when I heard someone say,

"LEAVE THIS HOUSE ITS MINE!"

Suddenly, the lights went out and the door of that room automatically slammed shut. I was screaming and screaming until my eyes shot up.