"Have you seen the snow out there? It's crazy! There was nothing on the ground just yesterday," said Daniel.

"Yeah, looks pretty bad. Plus, it hasn't stopped fully. Flurries keep coming and going." Jonah told him, flipping the eggs that he was frying as the bread in the toaster popped out.

"You don't even have to go out there, you lucky bastard," he said with a pout. Jonah laughed and set a plate in front of him, along with kissing his forehead.

"Why don't you call in? Tell them you can't come. Spend the day with me."

"I don't know..."

"You've been so busy lately. We rarely have time to spend together. I'll clear my schedule today. Oh! We can finally put up the tree. I've been meaning to make time to decorate it. Please, baby?" He gave him the best puppy dog eyes he could muster.

Daniel grinned, giving in and picking up his phone to call in. Once that was done, the two of them sat and ate breakfast together. Daniel offered to do the dishes, as he brought them to the sink. As he started to wash them, Jonah crowded up from behind him. Wrapping his arms around the younger, he started placing soft kisses on his neck. The feeling was setting off fireworks in Daniel's stomach, but he kept his cool until he was done washing. He dried the last dish and set it aside before the older brunet turned him around. Daniel put his arms around his neck, leaning into him as he captured his lips with his own.

They kissed hungrily, craving the feeling of each other more and more with each touch. They were flush against each other, lips crashing together roughly.

Daniel pulled away, and grazed his neck with his teeth as he whispered, "let's take this upstairs."

☆☆☆

They didn't come back down until the evening.

They spent the majority of the day fooling around in bed and watching Criminal Minds episodes, much to Jonah's horror.

("This shit's so messed up! Why do you even like it so much?"

"I've got two words for you, love: Spencer. Reid.")

Jonah still wanted to stay in bed when the younger said he wanted to get up and put up their Christmas tree, but Daniel was rather convincing. So after they took a shower, they both changed into the holiday-themed pajamas Daniel's parents had gotten them last year and dragged out Christmas decorations from the basement. They took the boxes to the living room, where they placed their tree. Daniel had wanted to get started right away, but Jonah told him they should eat dinner first. He protested at first, but then fell into an agreement when his stomach started growling.

After the two of them had eaten dinner, Daniel connected his phone to a speaker and played holiday music, which upped the holiday spirit in the atmosphere of their home. They sang and danced along as they took out ornaments and garland and string lights.

"Look!" Jonah held up an ornament shaped like a gingerbread man, "Babe, you remember this?"

Daniel smiled brightly, "Of course I do. We got it the first Christmas we were together."

On the front of the ornament, the gingerbread man was wearing a tie in the colours of the rainbow flag. On the back, the couple had hot glued a picture of themselves on their first Christmas spent together.

"We look so young," Daniel thought aloud.

"Can you believe we took that five years ago? It feels like it was just yesterday."

"I know. I still remember going to your parents' house that year. It was so much fun."

Jonah hung up the ornament and Daniel walked over to join him, the star for the top of the tree in his hand. He reached up to put it in place and then stepped back, Jonah's arms wrapping themselves around his torso from behind and chin resting on the younger's shoulder as they appreciated their handy work.

"It looks gorgeous," said Daniel, happy with the job they'd done.

"It sure does, baby," the older added, though it wasn't the tree he was admiring. Daniel caught him staring and blushed, smiling softly.

"Stop being so cheesy or I'll kick you out of the house," he warned jokingly, leaning back against him.

He chuckled, "You love me too much to kick me out. And I love you too much to leave. I guess you're just stuck with me forever."

He put his hands on top of his boyfriend's and grinned, "True. I wouldn't trade being stuck with you for anything."

°
this song always kinda gave me holiday vibes.
also, if that person who commented asking for a donah oneshot in the middle of me writing this one is reading this, ur psychic <3
hope y'all have a good day/night :)

 also, if that person who commented asking for a donah oneshot in the middle of me writing this one is reading this, ur psychic <3hope y'all have a good day/night :)

✨ ONESHOTS ✨