Chapter 1

Alli's POV

I was on the boardwalk riding my skateboard, "Yeah that's what....." I was saying when someone knocked me over. "Rorry." The little puppy said. "It's cool what's....." I was saying.

"Hey hold it right there!" A voice called

"Hey hold it right there!" A voice called. I looked seeing the 'police' aka security coming after him, "Follow me I'll hide you." I said jumping on my skateboard. The dog jumped on with the huge thing of meat he went into a half pipe and I watched him do some tricks, "Whoa." I said amazed. The dog landed the trick, "Dude that was sick." I said as we continued riding. The dog went right past someone almost knocking him over, "Come back boy!" I called. "Like slow down dude." The kid said. "Sorry!" I yelled going after the dog. I weaved through people trying to find him, "Look out!" I yelled seeing I was going to crash into someone.

"Ouch." We both said. We looked up at one another and he had black hair, brown eyes and was actually cute. "I am sorry I was just looking for this dog. I am trying to help him hide from the 'police'." I said putting quotes around the police. "They're only security." We both said. We looked at each other, "That's what I always say." The kid said. "Same here, finally someone who gets me." I said. We both laughed, "I am Robert." He said.

"My name's Alexandra but people call me Alli

"My name's Alexandra but people call me Alli." I said. "Sorta like, Ally?" He asked as we walked next to each other. "Nope." I said. "Allie?" I shook my head, "Ali?" "You're close, just add an L. '' I said. "Cool." He said.

We came across a boy with shaggy hair who was talking to two sand piles, "Nice to meet you Shelly and Sandy." He said. Shelly's eye fell off, "How was your day?" The boy asked. "Oh you want me to start how polite, Sandy." The kid said. "Well I told my mom I was meeting my pals at the beach so if she asks this technically counts as a playdate." He whispered the last part. "But it's all good I like eating lunch by myself, hanging out with myself, and playing ping-pong by myself." "Loose a lot of balls huh?" I asked. The kid jump, "How long have you guys been standing there?" The kid asked. "Um since you introduced yourself to Shelly and Sandy." Robert said. "Mind if I join you I was about to eat lunch myself." I said. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah me too no one should ever eat lunch by themselves." Robert said. "Okay." He said.

We sat down and I pulled out Scooby Snax, "You like Scooby Snax?" The boy asked. "Yeah I know they're for dogs but in my case I call them Alli Snax." I said. The two boys laughed, "Ahh!" Both boys yelled. "Ahh!" A familiar voice yelled. I looked at the dog from earlier. He walked out as the shaggy haired kid pushed the other half of his sandwich towards him. "I gotta warn you it's got gummy worms, tater tots, and ketchup leather." The kid said. "Hmm." The dog said. "I know no liverwurst it's not like me to forget the protein." The dog walked away, "Yeah I get it nobody likes my sandwiches." He said. Just as he said that the dog brought out what he was riding earlier, "Whoa." The kid and Robert said.

"Hey can I get some of that for my sandwich?" Robert asked. "Me too?" I asked as the shaggy haired kid passed a fork and knife to the dog. The dog put some on our sandwiches and we tried it, "Mmm is that peppercorn?" I asked the dog. "Sand." The dog said. The four of us laughed, "There you are!" The security guard said. The four of us yelped me going into Robert's arms."This mangy stray's done enough damage for today he's coming with me." "He's not a stray." I said. "Oh is he your dog?" The security guard asked me. "No he's his dog." Robert said pointing at the shaggy haired kid. "If you wanna be." The kid whispered to the dog. "I'd like that very much." The dog whispered to the kid.

"Okay then what's his name?" "I don't have one." The dog whispered. We tried to think of one, "Snax." Robert said. "What?" We asked him. "Sanx?" The dog asked. "Uh he meant Scooby." I said. "Middle name?" "Dooby." The shaggy haired kid said. "Last name?" The three of us looked at one another, "Doo." The three of us said. "Alright if the dog has a middle name there's no punishment for damages or theft." The security guard said. "I don't like it but them's the law." He said. "Well have a good day kids, Mr. Dooby-Doo." He said getting on his bike and pedaling away. "Thanks for the help back there you guys." The kid said. "No problem." Robert and I said.

"I'm Norville." He said. "Norville?" We asked. "But everyone calls me Shaggy." Shaggy said. "Raggy." Scooby said. We laughed at him, "No it's Shaggy." Shaggy said. "That's what I said Raggy." Scooby said. We laughed, "I am Robert." Robert said. "Robert." Scooby said. "Well you got that right bud." He said. "And I Alli." I said. "Ralli." Scooby said. "No Alli." "That's what I said." "We'll work on it." Shaggy and I both said. "Hey I know we just met but do you guys like totally wanna be friends?" Shaggy asked. "Sure." We said.

"I mean if it's too soon I don't mean to sound needy or...." Shaggy was saying. "I just moved here so I don't have any friends." Robert said. "It's fine I need friends anyways my little brother can't talk yet and my uncle Sam says I am turning into my dad." I said. We laughed, "Hey you guys wanna trick or treat together just the four of us?" I asked them. "Like yeah." Shaggy said. "Rount me in." Scooby said. "Totally." Robert said as we all walked the boardwalk.