Chapter 49

1 Week Later

Saturday Afternoon

Jihyo's POV

It has been a week since the dinner where Sana apologized to everyone. She visited the café with Y/N and the rest of the girls every day for the past week. It was a bit awkward at first as Nayeon and Jeongyeon were not fully convinced of Sana's intentions, but it did ease some of their doubts to the point that they did not look like they wanted to kill Sana every time she walked into the café.

The 10 of us were now walking down the street as we agreed to meet up for a little picnic at the park. Everyone was walking in their pairs with Chewy and me in the front followed by Sana and Y/N, 2Yeon, MiMo, and then DubChaeng. We were all just enjoying our walk with our significant other.

We stopped at a crosswalk and started crossing when the light indicated that it was our turn to cross. We got halfway across the intersection when I suddenly felt myself being pushed from behind, sending Chewy and me forwards. Chewy grabbed me and held me close to her as she positioned it so that she landed on her back with me in her arms.

"What the hell happened?" Chewy groaned as she rubbed the back of her head.

I got off of Chewy just as a car zoomed past us, "What the?"

"Sana!" I suddenly heard Y/N shouting her girlfriend's name from behind us.

I turned around to see Y/N rushing to Sana who was lying face down a meter behind us. The car didn't hit her, but her body was limp. Y/N had tears forming in her eyes as she cradled Sana's body. Sana had her eyes closed and it looked like she was knocked unconscious.

"Sana?!" MiMo shouted as they rushed over to Sana and Y/N.

2Yeon and DubChaeng rushed over to where everyone was crowding around Sana. 2Yeon suggested that we move Sana across the intersection where we would all be safe. Chewy helped Y/N move Sana's body and we all plopped down on the sidewalk. I was still shaken up by what happened, but Chewy remained calm and comforted Y/N while everyone worried about Sana.

"Come on Sana! Wake up!" Y/N shouted as she shook Sana's body with tears running down her cheeks.

Sana suddenly opened her eyes slightly, causing all of us to let out a sigh of relief. She looked around for a moment before locking eyes with Y/N. She reached up to cross Y/N's cheek and gave a small smile.

"What happened?" Sana asked.

Y/N pulled Sana up into a hug, "Jesus! Don't scare me like that ever again Sana! You pushed Jihyo-unnie and Tzuyu out of the way of a speeding car and fell on your head! I was so scared!"

Sana opened her eyes wide, finally taking in the situation. She reached her hand up to Y/N's head and pulled it towards her shoulder, allowing for Y/N to cry into her shoulder. She started stroking Y/N's head with a slight smile on her face.

"I never thought I would see you like this. You always show a calm and mature demeanor, and a somewhat soft side for me when we are alone," Sana whispered softly for Y/N to hear.

Y/N separated from the hug and lightly smacked Sana on the shoulder, "I am serious! I was so scared that I was going to lose you!"

Sana wiped the tears that were falling from Y/N's eyes before leaning in for a quick peck on Y/N's lips, causing Y/N to smile while continuing to cry, "I'm sorry. It's just that it is rare to see you crying like this. It hurts my heart to see you like this, but, at the same time, it warms my heart to know that you love me this much."

I looked around at our friends to see everyone with teary eyes as they watched Sana and Y/N's moment. Chewy came to stand beside me. The two of us made eye contact before smiling at each other. Sana and Y/N's relationship really did remind us of ourselves. We didn't need to exchange any words to know that everything between the two of them is genuine and that Sana was genuine with her desire to repent for her past actions.