Chapter 21

Shortly After Jihyo Left Tzuyu's Apartment

Dahyun's POV

I was in the kitchen inside of my shared apartment with Chaeyoung making some tofu for lunch. Chaeyoung was still asleep, so I tried to make as little noise as I could. She stayed up a lot longer than I did during our movie night last night, so I decided that it would be best to just let her sleep.

"It's a good thing I remembered to soak those beans last night," I chuckled.

I was about to move the completed tofu when I felt a set of arms wrap around me. I jumped up in surprise and looked over my shoulder to see a sleepy Chaeyoung laying her head on my back. I turned around and wrapped my arms around Chaeyoung.

"Good morning, Chaeng," I said while kissing Chaeyoung's forehead, "I made some tofu for us for lunch. What do you want with it?"

"Kimchi," Chaeyoung said with a yawn.

"Hmmm... I think we just ran out of kimchi," I replied.

Chaeyoung looked up at me with closed eyes and a pouty face, "How about doenjang jjige?"

"Hmmm..." I thought for a second before shaking my head, "We haven't stocked up on that either."

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and gave me a cute angry pout, "Fried tofu?"

"What if I told you we ran out of oil?" I chuckled.

"Then I will just eat you instead," Chaeyoung smirked.

I started blushing madly and pushed Chaeyoung away from me, "Y-y-you pervert!"

Chaeyoung started laughing, "I'm just kidding. It's kinda lonely without Tzuyu around, so I thought I would just mess with you a bit. You know what I mean?"

I nodded my head, "Ye---" I was interrupted by my phone ringing; I took out my phone and saw that Tzuyu was calling, "Speak of the devil. Tzuyu is calling me right now."

"Ooo, put her on speaker phone!" Chaeyoung demanded while walking closer to me.

I answered the call and put it on speaker phone like Chaeyoung requested, "Yo, Tzuyu! What's up?"

"Yo, Tzu! How have you been?" Chaeyoung chimed in.

The line was silent for 10 seconds before we could hear a slight hiccup, "Please... Come here..." Tzuyu uttered in a weak voice.

Chaeyoung and I looked at each other in shock. We could both tell that something really bad happened to Tzuyu, "Are you at home?" I asked.

"Yeah..." Tzuyu replied with another hiccup.

"We will be right there!" Chaeyoung yelled before rushing back to her room.

"Just hang on okay? Chaeyoung and I will be right there!" I yelled as I started to throw the tofu haphazardly into the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Please..." Tzuyu whispered before hanging up.

Chaeyoung sprinted out of her bedroom fully dressed. We both put on our shoes and bolted out of our apartment. I locked the door, while Chaeyoung sprinted to the elevator to call it up. We made our way out of our building and started sprinting towards Tzuyu's apartment.

We arrived in front of Tzuyu's apartment within 10 minutes of non-stop sprinting. Chaeyoung and I gasp for air after that exhausting journey. I tossed Chaeyoung the water bottle for her to drink and went to open the door with the spare key that Tzuyu gave us.

I opened the door and ushered Chaeyoung in. Chaeyoung gave me the last half of the water bottle, and I downed it within seconds and placed it beside the door. We took off our shoes and walked into the living room.