Chapter 38

Friday Afternoon: 1 Week Later

Jihyo's POV

Tzuyu and my relationship has been progressing quite well. We are still following the daily routine that we have developed, but we have taken it to a slightly higher level. I would kiss her on the cheek when she drops me off for work and she would kiss me on the cheek when she gets home from work. It wasn't anything big, but it had a huge impact on me; I just hope that Tzuyu feels the same way.

The Eevee plush that Tzuyu gave me served its purpose well. I cuddled with it whenever Tzuyu was at work and I really was reminded of her. It didn't give me the same warmth as Tzuyu, but it at least fulfilled me emotionally until Tzuyu came back home. It was kind of awkward though because Tzuyu is tall and Eevee is small, but it will have to do.

It is a good thing that Tzuyu gave me that Eevee plush because she told me that she won't be home tonight as she was dropping me off this morning. Uncle's factory was apparently handling a huge order today, so he requested that his employees work overtime tonight. Tzuyu will sleep at Uncle's house because she wasn't sure how late the job will end up being. I was very sad to hear this, but I didn't have much of a choice but to accept the situation.

Speaking of accepting the situation, I have had this feeling that I am being followed for the past two weeks whenever I go home from work. I would turn around and the feeling would instantly disappear before returning when I turned back around towards where I was originally facing. The feeling completely disappeared when Tzuyu picked me up last Friday. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I can't accept this kind of situation.

I let out a sigh just as Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked up to me.

"Why the long sigh?" Nayeon asked.

"Probably because her girlfriend hasn't come by yet," Jeongyeon teased me.

"I wish she was my girlfriend," I scoffed, surprising Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

"Hey," Nayeon said as she placed a hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, it's just that Tzuyu won't be coming home tonight because of work at her uncle's factory."

"That's all?" Jeongyeon asked with a confused look on her face.

I glared at Jeongyeon, "Excuse me?" I asked in a deadly tone.

Nayeon stepped in between Jeongyeon and me, "I think she meant to ask 'why is this a problem?'."

"Tzuyu and I have been sleeping in the same bed for two weeks now. It makes me happy when she is in my arms when I sleep," I explained.

"Ooo, someone is sleeping with Tzuyu now, huh?" Jeongyeon asked with a smirk on her face.

"I know you're trying to tease me, and it won't work. I have already accepted the fact, and embraced, that I love Tzuyu," I replied with a sigh.

Nayeon's eyes widened in surprise, "And you weren't planning to tell us?"

I nodded my head, "Of course not. Your teasing may not affect me, but your constant annoyance about it will drive me insane."

"When did she become Tzuyu?" Jeongyeon whispered to Nayeon, loud enough that I could hear.

"Maybe they switched bodies?" Nayeon whispered back, still loud enough that I could hear.

"This is exactly what I meant," I sighed while rubbing my temples.

Friday Evening

"Have a good weekend, Jihyo!" Nayeon yelled as she waved at me as I walked away from her and Jeongyeon after we finished work and left the café.

"You too! Don't do the nasty too much with Jeongyeon!" I yelled back.

"Yah! We don't do that kind of thing!" Jeongyeon yelled as I could see a blush forming on her face.

"It's a perfectly healthy thing for a loving couple to do!" I replied before quickly walking away so that Jeongyeon couldn't come after me.

I really should have told someone else about these feelings I have been having lately. I don't know why but it felt more intense today right off the bat. What sucks is that Tzuyu isn't here to make the feeling go away. I really wish she was here with me.

I clutched my purse strap tighter as I continued walking down the street. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise as the distinct feeling of someone watching me washed over my body. This was a distinct feeling and it was hard to convince myself that I was just imagining things.

The sound of a tin can being kicked came from behind me and I whipped my body around towards the sound. I scanned the sidewalk and could not see anything. I stopped underneath a streetlamp, so I was just surrounded by darkness with a little bit of illumination from other streetlamps and the moon.

I clutched my purse tight as I turned around and sped-walk down the sidewalk. The feeling returned the exact moment I turned around. I started walking faster and I felt the presence speeding up as well.

I started running down the street. I took many turns in hopes that, if someone was really following me, I could lose them. I made a turn and ran down a dark alleyway. I took my chances that I could run into danger, but I was able to make it out safely.

I sprinted towards Tzuyu's apartment. I made a few turns and let out a sigh of relief when I saw it come into view. I stopped to take a little break to catch my breath. The feeling was gone so I took my time.

I caught my breath and started walking towards the apartment. I took one step before I felt the feeling rushing towards me. I quickly turned around and was met with a hand turning me around and holding me aggressively by the waist to prevent me from escaping, and a hand with a cloth covering my mouth.

I started struggling against whoever was holding me. They were stronger than me and had a firm grasp around my waist. I tried elbowing them, but they would not let go. Due to my panicking and lack of air, I inhaled: it was a mistake.

My eyes started to close as realization set in that the cloth was laced with some sort of chemical. My body started to feel light as I stopped struggling. After a minute, my body went limp as the perpetrator held me up. The perpetrator gently let me fall to the ground. I looked up but my vision was hazy, so I could not make out the face of the perpetrator standing over me.

"You're mine now," was all I heard before losing consciousness.

---TWICE---

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back with another update! I want to celebrate that JiTzu is progressing smoothly, but JIHYO HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED?! WHO THE HELL WOULD DO THIS?!  Anyways, until next time, thank you for the support!