chapter 7

"welcome back konshujin-sama"(smile)

right now, in a maid costume, I am welcoming customers at maid latte.

'how did I end up here again?'

I keep asking myself this question every time even tho I know perfectly well how.

every chance I get, I go to maid latte for my daily dosage of cavity pain, but every once in a while, it gets hectic and crowded with customers, which means more costumers to serve.

more costumers=busy workers

and then it goes like this every fucking time :

I walk in > chief spots me almost instantly > looks at me pitifully with those round little eyes of her > me looking at her awkwardly knowing exactly what's coming > her begging me for help > me trying to refuse > her offering free sweets as compensation > me accepting instantly.

the only thing different this time is that I'm still wearing my black wig today, as I didn't have enough time to change it so I had to push my long bangs to the side allowing my purple eyes to shine.

seriously. aren't I too easy?

I swear I'm not a glutton, their sweets are literally the best in town, it's what keeps me coming despite the humiliation.

yes, I don't quite enjoy being a maid.

don't get me wrong I like trying on new personas and shit it's really fun and I actually do it often, but this costume is a little too frilly for my liking . (I'm actually not a fan of the design ngl..)

I mean it still looks good on me, everything does, but it's uncomfortable.

skipping all the humiliating parts, let's talk about the plot progression, right now Misa is now taking the trash out, it's time for the fated encounter. this is when Usui is supposed to recognize her and figure out her secret. poor Misaki. I know it was such a stressful thing for her, but I couldn't possibly interfere.

all I can do is watch from the shadows and enjoy the scene.

well that's what I planned until

"hey, Ruri can you please get me that bag over there"

she fucking noticed me. I swear she's the only one who can do that. seriously, how does Takumi do it? is he a ninja? Or am I getting too relaxed here?

I'm getting off-topic again. ok, let's do this quick not to interrupt the encounter.

'fuck, this shit heavy' I carried the trash bag out as fast as I can

"here you go." I was gonna turn around when she spoke to me

"I've worked here for so long, but I still can't get used to this place." all I could do was stop in my retreating tracks as I listened to her

"I don't have much free time because of student council work, so I need a well-paying job like this one, but thanks to you I feel at ease, having someone to keep this secret with. it really lightens the burden on my shoulders"

aww, that was sweet of her, she really caught me off guard there.

"you're very welcome, you have nothing to worry about." for now

"haha, so cheeky. but, if someone from school were to see us like this..."

"wow"

holy fuck. it's happening. IT'S HAPPENING. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.