1x07: The Long Game

The TARDIS materialises and the Doctor, Rose and Sage step out, looking around.

"So, it's two hundred thousand, and it's a spaceship. No, wait a minute, space station, and er, go and try that gate over there. Off you go." The Doctor says.

"Two hundred thousand?" Rose asks.

"Two hundred thousand."

"Right." Rose turns to the TARDIS and re-opens the doors. "Adam? Out you come." He comes out and his jaw dropped.

"Oh, my God."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Rose replies.

"Where are we?" He asks.

"Good question. Let's see. So, er, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year two thousand. If you listen..."

"Yeah?"

"Engines. We're on some sort of space station. Yeah, definitely a space station. It's a bit warm in here. They could turn the heating down. Tell you what, let's try that gate. Come on!" She grabs Adam's hand and drags him to the metal gate. The Doctor and Sage follow, hand-in-hand, laughing at the two humans. "Here we go! And this is... This is... uh, I'll let one of them describe it." Rose says, pointing to one of the two Time Lords.

"The Fourth great and bountiful Human Empire. And there is is, planet Earth at its height. Covered with mega-cities,  five moons, population ninety-six billion people." Sage begins to explain to Rose and Adam.

"The hub of the galactic domain stretching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind right in the middle." The Doctor finishes off. Adam faints and they all stare at him as he falls to the ground.

"He's your boyfriend." The Doctor states, pointing to Rose. She snorts and shakes her head.

"Not anymore." 

Once Adam wakes up, they all continue further into the space station.

"Come on, Adam. Open your mind. You're going to love this. Fantastic period of history. The human race at its most intelligent. Culture, art, politics. This era has got fine food, good manners." Sage says, using her hand to gesture.

"Out of the way!" A man runs past them frantically. Suddenly, there are a lot of people bustling around, opening up food vending stations and serving customers at their counters.

"Thank you very much indeed. Somebody there? That's great. What do you want, love? Alright, keep moving. I'll be with you lot in a minute. Here you are. One at a time. What now, what was it? Kronkburger with cheese, Kronkburger with pajatos. Do you want a drink? Oi, you, mate. Stop pushing. Get back. I said, get back."

"Fine cuisine?" Rose asks with a small smirk.

"My watch must be wrong. No, it's fine. It's weird." Sage holds up her wrist where she had a watch that was definitely alien.

"That's what comes from showing off. Your history's not as good as you thought it was." Rose says, causing Sage to frown and look down at Rose.

"My history's perfect."

"Well, obviously not."

"They're all human. What about the millions of planets, the millions of species? Where are they?"

"Good question. Actually, that is a very good question." The Doctor says, thinking before turning to face Adam. "Adam, my old mate, you must be starving." The Doctor says.

"No, I'm just a bit time-sick."

"No, you just need a bit of grub. Oi, mate, how much is a Kronkburger?" They all walk up to the chef who was selling Kronkburgers.