Chapter 2

Edited 11/4/15
-Ashley-

"Honestly, I really don't know, Ry. I have never seen him before," I explain once again.

"For christ's sake , Ash. You moved into his mother's house. There has to be pictures of him somewhere," Ryan replies.

"Why do you want to know how "hot" he is anyways, Ry? I thought you weren't gay," I say and fold a t-shirt and set it on my bed. It was Friday night and I was folding laundry, the most eventful thing I have done the entire four days that I have been here.

"If my best friend's brother is hot I am allowed to know. No questions asked,"  he replied with the most sassy manner.

"Woah, slow down on the sass, Ryan Gosling. I haven't been out of my room long enough to explore the house," I lie smoothly. I didn't particularly want my best friend to secetly have  a guy crush on my stepbrother.

"I'm sorry, Ash. it's just that I think that if you have a hot brother he most likely will have hot frends and I don't need my baby momma to be fallin in love with a punk, ya hear?" he jokes. I laugh at my loser best friend.

"I am most definitely not your baby momma, Ryan Gosling. You are like a brother to me. I trust you with my life," I say into the phone.

"Aw that's so sweet, Ashley Bear. I miss you. When are you coming home?" He asks. I sigh.

"I am hoping to be able to come right after Christmas. I want to see my favorite brother," I say.

"You're just being SO sweet to me today," he says.

"Oh, no I was talking about Riley," I say referring to his older brother. He gasps as I laugh at the reaction.

"That was rude, Ashley," he says, pretending to be hurt.

"If it's any consolation, you're my second favorite," I comfort.

"That helps none. Not at all. Zero. Zip," he says. I fold a pair of jeans and set them in the pile before I reply.

"Well I'm not so sorry. I've got to go. I'll text you later. And I'll keep you updated on whether or not I know that he is hot. Love you, Ryan Gosling," I say before I hang up the phone.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too,"  he says. 

"Ashley," I hear from the other side of the door. I roll my eyes and throw my phone onto my bed. 

"Yes, Father?" I ask as I open the door. 

My father and I have made up since Monday night's chaos. He apologized and I forgave him, but told him that I will not change anything about myself. He said he understood and we shared a father-daughter hug. Then the moment was ruined by Karen when she poked her head in and said that that was what family was all about. I still wasnt completely happy, but I can at least be nicer than I was. 

"Dinner is in a little while, but first Karen and I are running to the store to pick up a few things to go along with dinner. Do you need anything?" he asked me. I shook my head.

"No. I'm okay," I told him.

"Okay, well then we will be off. Be good," he said. I rolled my eyes at this. He left the room and I sighed. 

I cant believe that my father has already gotten married. It seems like it was yesterday that we were on our own for the first time. 

~Flashback~

Ashley, 8  years old. 

"I can't believe you, Elizabeth! How could you do this to me? To our daughter?" I heard Daddy scream at Mommy. This is the third time that they have yelled like this.