Episode 21 - Jam's Trial and Secret

Start from the beginning

Oichi: Sir Yuuta.

Yuuta: Huh? Oh, lady Oichi, good morning!

Oichi: What are you doing? You haven't fully recovered yet.

Oichi puts the tray of tea down and quickly went over to Yuuta while seeming agitated.

Yuuta: I just thought of helping you cut some firewood. I figured since I'm staying for a little bit, I might do something to show my appreciation.

Oichi: That is very kind of you. But, you didn't have to go so far for us. We should bring you back to bed.

Nagamasa: Actually Ichi, I was the one who gave him the offer to do this.

Yuuta and Oichi see Nagamasa approaching them.

Oichi: My lord husband. Why would you let Sir Yuuta do this while he is recovering? His wounds could have re-opened.

Nagamasa: This boy has the soul of a warrior. I figured this would be the best way to recover.

Oichi: But still...!

While the two are arguing, they noticed Yuuta chuckling a little.

Nagamasa: Shirayanagi?

Yuuta: Heh heh, sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that I think you guys look perfect for each other.

Both Nagamasa and Oichi blushed in embarrassment.

Nagamasa: W-What are you talking about?! Of course we are, it is fate for us to be with one another!

Oichi: Th-Thank you for saying such kind words.

Yuuta: *thoughts*...I never thought I would see Azai Nagamasa and Oichi themselves living a happily ever after in this world.

Nagamasa: *ahem*Well, anyway. May I ask Shirayanagi, what happened to you that caused you to be in your current state?

Yuuta: ...Why would you want to know that?

Nagamasa: Curiousity. But you do not have to if it causes you pain.

Yuuta: ...To put this briefly, my army's base was under attack.

Nagamasa: By who?

Yuuta: By the Toyotomi... and the Oda.

Oichi: What!?

Nagamasa: What did you just say?

Yuuta: It was just the other day. The two forces attacked the castle and the village.

Nagamasa: Wait, hold on there. Why did they immediately chose a frontal attack?

Yuuta: Guess you can say they were looking for something, or someone.

Nagamasa: Who is it?

Yuuta: I'm not quite sure. But they kidnapped a girl, a close friend of mine, Kanami.

Oichi: No... My brother has?

Yuuta: Pretty much.

Nagamasa: But... why?

Yuuta: They said that she's the daughter of Ieyasu or something. I mean, if that's true.

As soon as Yuuta said those words, the couple were immediately silent.

Yuuta: What's wrong?

Nagamasa: So the princess... has finally been found.

Yuuta: Wait, you two know what's going on here?

The couple then looked at each other and nodded.

Oichi: Sir Yuuta, there's something you need to know. And I believe it is important.