"Pete!" she called out to him, earning his attention. "Where are you – "

Her word was stuck in her throat when the ground under her feet disappeared, and she fell forward. Luckily for her, she was striding down the lower steps when she slipped, so Peter knelt in front of her just in time to catch her.

"Watch out, that step is slippery," she joked with an awkward laugh, and the boy only shook his head with a hidden smirk. They didn't move for seconds as they stared at each other, Peter still holding her. "Peter," she said quietly.

"What?" he breathed.

"As much as I would like you to get up and carry me everywhere, I really need to get going before your sister kills me," she whispered.

Peter snapped out of his trance and stood up, helping her up. "Sorry," he cleared his throat.

Ellie dusted her clothes and sent him a grateful smile. "Well, see you at the ceremony," she told him, and turned around to leave.

"Don't fall!" he called to her and snickered when she showed him a thumbs up.

"Hey, Su!" Ellie entered the room the two would be getting ready in. The younger girl was hiding something behind her back with a mysterious smile. " What is it?" the redhead asked, filled with suspense.

"Since you didn't have the chance to wear that blue dress the last time, I got this for you," Susan said and showed her what she was hiding.

Ellie gasped at the sight of the clothing in the Queen's hand. It was a beautiful dress that she couldn't even imagine herself in. She hugged Susan with gratitude, hiding her tears, and they got ready for the ceremony, filled with laughter and joy. The moment they were done was exactly when the crowning began. They made their way to the ballroom, arm in arm, and smiled at each other every time people complimented them. They truly looked wonderful, no one could have said otherwise.

"So," Susan started. "I spoke to Ed. He told me about Peter."

Ellie's eyes widened, and she felt the urge to search for the dark-haired boy at that moment. "I'll kill him," she huffed.

"You would have told me anyway," Susan reasoned, and Ellie couldn't disagree with that. "All I want to say is that whatever happens, I'm here for you." Her mouth pulled into a gentle smile. "And just so you know, Peter will totally faint when he sees you."

Ellie playfully pushed the girl, and a few seconds later, they entered the ballroom. Many pairs of eyes were attracted to them, including the person they were talking about, and although Peter didn't faint, he had a similar reaction as Susan expected. He was sitting on a chair, but as soon as he saw them enter the room, he got on his feet, and with his eyes wide opened, he stared at the girl who looked more beautiful than ever. It's true that the blue dress and the long red curls that were unbounded swirled around her took his breath away, however, as she smiled at Susan and a laugh left her mouth, Peter felt his knees weaken.

"You can stop drooling, she will notice," someone spoke next to him, giving him a fright.

It was Caspian, watching his reaction with a sort of absent expression. Peter rolled his eyes. "You're one to talk," he grunted, noticing the way he was eyeing Susan. "And stop staring at my sister!" he noted with a threatening facial expression, but they ended up snickering at the situation.

Susan and Ellie walked to the two boys but Caspian had to leave them, at last, he was the one being crowned. Lucy and Edmund joined them, and they all were amazed at how good all of them looked. Susan threw her hair behind her with pride, knowing very well that the credit was entirely hers.