Chapter 3: Rome

The tent was set up in the Roman Colosseum, people were lined up ready to get tickets, and the animals were getting ready for the show.

"What a dump! If they want to attract a decent sports team, they should bulldoze this rat trap and invest in a new arena," Skipper remarked.

Alex, Y/N, and Marty were walking around the Colosseum, admiring the fact they were actually in Rome.

"The Colosseum, Marty! The original theater-in-the-round. You know, Y/N's and my ancestors used to perform here," Alex said.

"No kidding!" Marty exclaimed.

"Yeah. Every show had a captive audience. Apparently, they killed," Alex replied.

"Sounds like a great gig!" Marty commented.

"You have no idea," Y/N whispered to herself.

They walked in to see everyone getting ready for the show.

"Trenta minuti, everybody! Trenta minuti!" Stefano announced.

"This is so exciting!" Marty stated.

"Remember, we just lay low. Stay out of the way. Let them do their thing," Alex reminded his friend and sibling.

They then saw some male puppies in dresses, standing on their hind legs.

"Would you look at this? You gotta go back in your momma's belly, 'cause you're too cute to be out here in the real world," Marty baby-talked to the puppies.

"Oi! Naff off, you muppet!" one of them snapped as they all got weapons out.

"Whoa! What the?!" Marty exclaimed and hid behind the siblings.

"Marty, they're professionals. Come on," Alex said.

"You look gorgeous!" Marty said as he walked off.

"All right, animals! We may be your new owners, but we don't want to reinvent the circus wheel here, so just go out, do what you do! Just think of this as a fun warm-up for that promoter in London. Right, Marty?" Alex told them.

"Marty?" Y/N called.

They saw Marty, looking in the mirror, with one of the feathered boas on his head with the other horses around him.

"Oh my gosh!" Y/N replied, cupping her mouth with her paws and almost laughing.

"I want to be a circus horse!" Marty replied.

"We could paint you white!" one of the horses said.

"And then paint you pink!" another horse added.

"Awesome!" Marty responded.

"Not laying very low, are we, Marty?" Alex asked.

"Give him a break, Al," Y/N told him.

"Sonya! Where is the bear? Sonya! We're about to start!" Stefano called, running around the tent.

The siblings then went to Vitaly, who was eating borscht. Y/N blushed a bit as they faced him.

"Hey, Vitaly! Got your game face on," Alex replied.

He then growled loudly in his face, making Y/N stifle another laugh.

"Good game face," Alex laughed nervously, walked away with Y/N, and said while mimicking Vitaly at the end, "What is that cat's problem? ‘I'm a mean Russian cat who isn't nice to anybody'."

"Oh shush!" Y/N remarked, lightly slapping his arm.

Then they saw Melman, wearing a lot of clown collars, and Gloria, wearing a tutu, just goofing off.

"Hey, honey, look! Look, I'm doing it!" Melman said while juggling as Gloria giggled while spinning around.

"Guys, stop fooling around," Alex told them.

"We're just having a little fun," Melman said.

"Let's let these animals do their show," Alex told them.

"Ta-da!" Marty exclaimed.

The siblings turned to see Marty, covered in white paint and polka dots and a huge clown wig on his head.

"Da-da da-da-da-da-da-da, circus! Da-da da-da-da-da-da-da, Afro! Circus Afro Circus Afro Polka dot, polka dot, polka dot, Afro!" Marty sang.

"Really?" Alex wondered.

"Wow," Y/N said, trying not to laugh again.

"Sonya! Where is Sonya the bear?!" Stefano called.

Little did they know that King Julien took Sonya out on a date through Rome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N It's about time for the circus to start in Rome.