Yes, she had really counted every encounter.

What had surprised her the most was how he seemed to be hands-on when it came to his children, he wasn't an absent father like many of the papers made him out to be. He was caring, gentle, and wanted the best for them, but being the famous producer he was, he rarely saw them in the day and was helpless when it came to girly things.

Rika had made her mind upon the hardheaded man, she didn't particularly like him nor did she respect him. He sneered at her, treated her like dirt on his shoe, and failed to spend his weekends with his kids.

Every weekend thus far had resulted in him being nowhere to be found, he spent his weekend elsewhere and came back home on Sunday evening.

She didn't know what the heck he went, and she didn't care. She only felt bad for the kids when they asked where their father was.

Thinking about their fun beach day, a thought popped into her head.

Janessa began to move into her bed and received a scolding. "Nope, no! Freeze, what are forgetting to do, munchkin?"

She hummed, narrowing her gaze down onto her bed in thinking. "Brush my teeth?"

Rika bobbed her head. "Mhm, both of you, take your cute little behinds into the bathroom." She ordered, bending down to set Lilia onto her toes.

Delivering each girl a playful glare, her eyes basked in the warmth. "I'll be back in five minutes. I'm going to pick out a book, by the time I'm back, I expect you to be in bed with clean teeth." She warned, standing back up and watching the figures start chasing each other to the joining bathroom.

Before they could disappear, she shouted over her shoulder once more. "Remember, clean teeth! I'll be sniffing to make sure."

She heard soft giggles pour out of their little bodies, they left and the sound of the tap being turned on filled her eardrums.

Rika tucked her hair behind her ear, letting one side fall in front of her face. She was adorned in black silk pyjamas, a brand new set to add to her growing collection.

Smothering down her shirt, she walked out of the room, heading for the third floor.

Since it was the end of the week, she knew her boss was still in the building. He had shown up for dinner, but after ten minutes of eating together in silence, he dismissed himself to his room. She didn't bother to ask why as he kissed his daughters on their foreheads, and left in haste.

Closing in on the long hallway, she passed her door and stopped in front of the last door on the very end.

She was sick and tired of making excuses for his whereabouts, Janessa's question had been the breaking point. He would be coming on their beach day whether he liked it or not. She would make sure of it.

First knock. Nothing.

Second knock. Again, nothing.

Third knock.

She waited, one minute passed by. Another minute, and another, until she heard continuous silence.

Rika huffed, a snort leaving her nose, she couldn't say she was surprised. Figuring he had probably left for his weekly escapade, she banged the door out of anger and groaned.

"Of course... You're a coward, not wanting to spend any time with your own kids." She scoffed aloud, it was more so to herself but she wanted to rant before she returned to the kids' room.