Chapter One

(The outfit above is what you're wearing, but if you don't like it, feel free to imagine something different!)
~~~~~~~~~~

    You finished setting up the final trip wire for Zed's prawnposal before jogging back over to his designated ending spot to see if he needed any more help. As you approached, you heard Zoey ask something about confetti and smiled to yourself at the extent your sister's boyfriend was going to. It was adorable in a way how much effort he was going through to make sure everything went perfectly.

     "You need any assistance up there, Mr.Undeadly romantic?" You smirked up at him as Zed struggled to get a lightbulb in place on the giant arrow hanging over the road.

    "Haha, very funny," he mused sarcastically, leaning backwards unsteadily to see if the rest of the lights turned on after his efforts. With an annoyed scowl, he started screwing another one in to see if it would fix the problem, "If I can get this dang sign to work, I'll be good to go. Just make sure you and Zoey are out of the road when the bus gets here in a few minutes."

    He looked stressed out, yet at the same time buzzing with excitement, and you wondered how on Earth it was possible to be both at the same time. "If you say so." You put your hands up in surrender, taking a few steps away from the ladder. "Oh, and Zed?"

     "Hmm?" He briefly glanced over at you, hands still fiddling with the sign.

   "Addison is going to absolutely love it."

    Zed smiled in response, "Well duh, i've only been planning this for ages. She has to love it."

    Hearing what sounded like wheels on gravel from behind you, you turned your head curiously to look down the side of the road. Your (e/c) eyes widened almost immediately, grabbing Zoey and running for the side of the road before you remembered Zed hadn't climbed off of the ladder yet.

     "Zed!!" You hollered at him, seeing him momentarily celebrate when the lights all simultaneously clicked on, then absolutely panic the moment afterwards when he noticed the bus barriling at him. You watched in disbelief as the bus drove straight through his ladder, flinging him on top of the vehicle. Rather than stopping, it continued to speed wobbly down the road, forcing Zed to hold onto the top so he wouldn't get thrown off by the swerving.

    You and Zoey shared a look, then took off running after the bus. The driver seemed completely panicked because the bus was obviously going out of control, swinging left and right over the gravel street. You yelped worriedly when you saw Zed thrown from the top of the bus, but he was thankfully able to grip onto the side window. That only lasted a short moment though, because he was soon after that rolling along the rocky ground while the bus swerved down a forest road.

    Alarms went off in your head as you pictured your sister in trouble, but you ran up to Zed to check on him first, "Zed!! Oh my gosh, are you okay??"

    He groaned on the ground, blinking a few times as if in a daze, "Do you think she'll still say yes?" He croaked out sheepishly. You huffed and pulled him to his feet, helping him steady himself before it seemed to click in his head too that the bus had driven into the forbidden forest.

     "Now!" Zoey cheered enthusiastically, tossing the confetti in the air and all over Zed.

    "Not quite Zoey, but way to stay committed." You gave her a small impatient smile before pushing yourself to sprint in the direction the bus had gone, trusting that the two zombies would hopefully follow you.

    Seeing as the road the bus had gone down was still a ways away, you slipped into the trees to take a shortcut. Nimbly, you maneuvered over roots and different foliage as if you'd been doing it your whole life. Your own ability surprised you, but your only focus was getting to Addison and making sure she was okay.