Season 3 - Mind Flayer Pt.2

Start from the beginning

Max crossed her arms over her chest, "So this has nothing to do with the gate?"

"Well, yes," I nodded before furrowing my brows, "But also no..."

Dustin rolled his eyes at me, "It has everything to do with the gate!"

"Then why-"

Whoever has started speaking was cut off by a groan and a thud. We all turned to the source of the noise to see that Eleven was on the ground.

"El!" Mike yelled, and we all ran over to her.

"What's wrong with her?" Erica breathed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, crouching at her side and helping Mike to turn her over, onto her back.

"My leg," She sobbed, "My leg!"

"Her leg, her leg, okay," Jonathan said. He was the closest to her leg so he rolled up her jeans as I wiped away her tears, "Get that off."

I watched as Nancy peeled away some bloody gauze that was wrapped around her shin, and we all gasped when it uncovered a deep gash. That wasn't the shocking part, though. No, it was the fact that something white was moving inside of her.

As soon as the thing started moving more, Eleven winced and clenched her teeth as she let out strained cries.

"El, El!" Mike yelled, moving back up to her head, "El! El, are you okay?"

"El?" I said, holding onto her face and looking down at her in worry, "El, sweetie, we need you to answer us."

"El!"

Before anyone could say anything else, she let out a scream that echoed through the entire room, so loud that the hairs on the back of my neck stood straight. I hugged my arms around Eleven's head, trying to soothe her sobbing as I glanced around at everyone, scared. Everyone else had the same expressions on their faces as she cried.

"What is that?" Erica sneered in disgust as she leaned closer to Eleven's leg.

"There's something in there," Mike said, his hand tight on her shoulder.

"No!" El suddenly yelled out in pain. I looked toward her shin to see that, whatever was inside was trying to get out.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin said, breathless.

"Keep her talking," Jonathan told us in a rushed voice as he shot up, "Keep her awake, okay?"

"Jesus Christ," Dustin said again as Jonathan began running in the opposite direction as fast as he could.

"Hey, hey, hey," I said to Eleven as calmly as I could, "Stay awake, all right? Stay awake."

"Let's get her on this side," Mike said, moving her slightly, "This side."

"Easy, easy, easy," Steve said as he, Dustin, Nancy, Mike and I moved her so that her head was on my lap with Mike right beside us. Dustin and Steve sat on my other side.

"You know, it's not actually that bad," Robin said, shifting her weight back and forth to help her nerves as El gripped my forearms tightly, "There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something - it was insane."

By the end of her story, we were all staring at her in terror.

"Robin," Steve said, staring up at her with his mouth slightly open.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"You're not helping."

"I'm sorry..."