"No but I'm just not hungry right now," I shook my head.

To be honest, whatever my mom gave me this morning felt like it was working, I don't feel nauseous right now.

"...Ace...we need to set up the chairs for the arrival, remember?" I said, trying to speak in code. I was tryna let him know that we needed to set up a doctors appointment.(I don't want Jennifer in our business)

"What?" He looked at me all confused.

"We need to set up the chairs for the arrival at that event my mom is hosting," I said a little slower, throwing in some hand gestures.

"Huh?" He exclaims.

In the corner of my eye I could see that Jennifer was just sitting there awkwardly, looking between Ace and I.

"I'll text it to you," I say, pulling my phone up.

"Ace, I'll just catch you later," Jennifer stands up. "Promise me you'll think about tomorrow..."

"Yeah," he says to her before she walks away.

When she's no longer in range, I tell Ace what I've been telling him all along. "We need to set up a doctors appointment."

"That's what chu been tryna say?"

I nodded, tucking a clump of my hair behind my ear.

"Oh," he kissed his teeth. "I thought you already did that..."

I shook my head, "that's cause I need your help to do it."

"Oh aight."

And so he helped me find a place to book an appointment. Shortly after that, the rest of the gang started to come in one by one.

"Nigga I heard that chu aboutta fight that nigga Malik. That true?" I heard Darnell ask Jay.

I looked to see he just shrugged in response. He had is AirPods in and was just sitting there all calm and stuff.

"Where you hear dat from?" Rio asked Darnell.

"You don't watch people's snap stories?"

"Nah, not lih dah. Snap's boring."

"Aight then you don't know..."

Rio glanced at Jay. "Well whoever dis Malik nigga is...he muss be ready to get his shit rocked."

"How you know dat?" Amani asked her boyfriend.

"Look at the nigga. He not takin shit from nobody right now," we all looked back at Jay as he sat at the end of the table, isolated from us.

"What are they gonna fight about?" Nina asked Darnell.

"Some lightskin shordy he was messin wit was messin wit the nigga Malik at the same time. And then after Jay stopped talkin to her, Malik wanted to go ahead and talk about him to make him look weak..."

"So they fighting over a female?" Ace asks wit a scrunched face.

"Malik's the one that wants to fight him...Jay didn't respond to nothing he was posting on snap."