"What-"

"Hey San. Where have you been?" A familiar voice spoke. Of course, it was that blond haired kid, Wonjoon.

"I've been here and there." San spoke after clearing his throat and standing up. He looked down at his clothes that were now dirtied and sighed.

"Ey! You're not sighing at me are you?" The older male glared at San and stepped forward to intimidate him.

"No. I-I wasn't even sighing." San clenched his hand around the satchel's strap. He was regretting leaving his branch at Mingi's house.

"Hm. Okay. Give me your bag." Wonjoon stuck his hand out.

"What-No!" San exclaimed.

"Now you're raising your voice at me San?"

"I-I'm not-" San was cut off by a shove, sending him to the ground again, and causing him to scrape his elbow against the rocks on the gravel street.

"Ouch! Ow! Ow!" San yelled and looked at his arm but Wonjoon didn't seem to care in the slightest.

He pushed San back down on the ground and kicked him.

"Leave me alone!" San yelled and brought his arms up to cover and protect his face.

"Just give me the shit in your bag!" Wonjoon yelled and pulled at San's satchel.

It used to belong to Sanghoon. After the fire it was one of the few things that survived. Although it was charred and a bit old, San loved it because it was all he had to remind him of the father he never got to meet.

"Hey!" A familiar voice yelled. The two boys turned to see Mingi standing there. "Who are you?"

Wonjoon smirked,"This guy stole my bag!"

"No I didn't Mingi!" San exclaimed and Wonjoon could immediately see that he'd messed up.

"Hey, where do you get off on lying?" Mingi asked, approaching Wonjoon and towering over him.

"Hey.. I was just joking.." Wonjoon spoke and slowly backed away from San.

Mingi pushed Wonjoon to the ground and kicked him in the side.

Hard.

"Oh shi-"

"How does it feel? Hm?"

"You're such a loser San. You can't even fight your own battles." Wonjoon coughed as Mingi kicked him again.

Mingi helped San to his feet and pulled the male with him away from Wonjoon.

"Are you doing okay?" Mingi asked looking at San.

"Yeah. I'm fine." San spoke,"I still want to train."

"Okay." Mingi could tell that San didn't want to talk about it, so he decided to let everything go.

・:*:・

San and Mingi mimicked the actions of the knights in the courtyard of the castle carefully.

San looked up quickly to see where the sun was and it was almost time for him to meet Woojin like the day before.

San frowned and continued practicing with Mingi. What if Wonjoon is right? I need to fight my own battles.. San thought to himself.

"I think I'm getting the hang of this." Mingi spoke and pivoted with the knights on the grass field.

San did the same and accidentally snapped a branch on the floor.