01.01

01.01 This is the Part Where You Run

         "Look what we have here,"a sarcastic voice mused.  The little girl groaned, her eyes peeling open, the light almost blinding her. Her young mind was foggy as she met with familiar brown eyes.

         "Mama?" Her voice squeaked with an accent that sounded ancient. She sounded like she had been strangled, well, what did she expect? She hasn't used it in thousands of years. 

         The woman's eyes widened, her sarcastic expression momentarily fell. "No, kid. I'm not your mother." 

        The little girl shook her head, a smile forming on her face. She swung her small arms around the brown-eyed vampire. "No, silly! You are my mama!" 

        The lady visibly tensed underneath Sera's unexpected hug, but she slowly started to hug back. It was weird, the small child's warmth wrapped itself around the vampire, she almost didn't want to let go. But, the rational part of her brain was telling her to let go of the kid. Why was a 5 year old doing in Silas's tomb? 

     The little girl heard this. The thoughts of concern from the vampire was like a chorus of sentences flowing into child's mind. Who would be sick enough to lock a kid in a tomb? 

      She slowly unraveled herself with the vampire. "You aren't my momma, are you?" she asked slowly, looking into the ancient vampire's eyes.

       Something like sadness or regret flashed in her eyes. "No, kid, I'm not." 

        The girl looked at the woman up and down, but finally resting her assessing gaze on her face. "But you look like her." 

       The brown-eyed stranger ignored her. Of course there was another doppelgänger that looked like her. Elena just couldn't have been enough.

         "What's your name?" She asked curiously.

        "Sera,"the girl said, her voice small. "What's yours?" 

          The vampire smirked, seeming to get back to her arrogant nature,"I'm Katherine." 

꧁༒𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍𝒔༒꧂

           Don't wake her up, the thoughts of the queen bitch herself, Hope Mikaelson. Don't wake her up and we're home free.

          Sera groaned, trying her best not to throw Hope against the wall. She flipped over in her bed, facing the shocked faced tribrid trying to scurry past her. "Really? Another midnight adventure, Hope?"