You run to the training ground, people all around you practicing their bending. Toph had instructed you to check up on everybody and their skills, which you happily agreed to.

Helping out some of the students, fixing their posture, giving them tips, and instructing them on the whole metalbending, made you so happy. You wouldn't have it any other way.

Your life was pretty great at the moment.

Until you heard the voice that sent a shiver up your spine.

Until you caught a glimpse of that oh so familiar mop of black hair and the scar that adorned his face.

The scar that he thought was ugly.

The scar that you showed him to not hate.

You almost teared up right then and there. No, you're too stubborn. You held in your tears and kept on helping the students.

Maybe if you didn't look his way he wouldn't notice it was you.

Yeah, thats a great plan, you know it might not even be him.

But you're sure it was him, how would someone have that identical scar?

"Oh let me show you my favorite student! He's the best of the best" Toph yells out to you and in a window nearby you caught a glimpse of the firelord once again.

No no no, this is not happening.

Shoving a fake smile on your face you turn around and happily greet Toph.

"Hey Toph, i did as you told me to" you say, not even trying to meet Zukos eyes.

"Thank you so much (Y/N) you've helped me a lot" she gives you a smile and a pat on your shoulder

Turning back to Zuko she grabs on to you and hugs you close to her.

Zukos expression is priceless, even after so many years he could never forget you.

He could never forget that smile of yours, or the way you always were there to comfort him.

This can't be happening.

There you were, the cheerfull earth bender boy that kissed him that starry night and he never forgot.

What was he supposed to do now, what was he supposed to SAY.

Toph looks between the two of you, well the best she can atleast.

Zuko just stares at you, mouth agape and eyes wide.

You scoff, "close that mouth of yours or you'll catch flies"

After that you give out a small, "excuse me", to Toph and run off. You didn't want to see him right now, you had to much to think about.

Everything was just too much.

-----------

Its been a few weeks since you last met Zuko.

You actually learnt he was staying for a month or two, off Firlord duties I guess.

Each time you met eyes you felt mad, thank god you weren't a firebender because you'd be spitting fire at him if you could.