newt imagine one

It was your first bonfire in the Glade. The fire was warm and you felt cozy despite the unusually cold air in the Glade that night. Your warmth wasn't mainly from the fire though, it was from Newt. He had you pulled onto his lap with his hands wrapped around you like barriers that someone would have to break down to get to you.

You let out a content sigh and relaxed deeper into Newt's strong chest. Smiling at how he goofed around with Thomas and Minho. Giggling at Frypan's jokes about Gally and the other Builders. Cheering with the rest of the guys while Fry and Gally went into the Circle. It was obvious who won. Frypan stepped down shamefully as all the other guys started shoving him around.

All except one. Newt. You were glad he had stayed put to continue holding you in his arms instead of joining the other guys. Some walked off after (including Frypan) to get some sleep after the fight. In the end there were only about 15 boys left in front of the dulling fire including you. As the boys continued to joke and talk about little things for a while, you barely listened. The crackling of the wood was comforting and Newt smelled amazing. Fresh. There was nobody like him in the entire Glade. More and more boys wandered off until it was just you, Newt, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Alby, Winston, and Jeff left. Just as Winston and Jeff stood up to leave, Newt pressed his lips against the top of your head and then bent his neck to whisper in your ear,

"Come sleep in my room tonight, love?" He asked. The way his warm breath parted the hair around your ear made you shiver in delight but your heart still skipped a beat. You had never slept with Newt before.
What does he even mean? You wondered. Only way to find out.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." You whispered, tilting your head back so that when you whispered it, your lips were practically on his ear. Then kissing his cheek sweetly like nothing had happened.

"Get a room you shanks." Minho moaned out. Him and Thomas had obviously been watching the exchange go on. You blushed red and hoped they hadn't heard what you said. Who knew how the other guys would react to it?

"In fact we will. Come on Y/N." Newt said matter of factly. Then to your surprise he stood up, helped you to your feet, and took off towards his room with you in tow. You turned to see Thomas and Minho smirking and Alby staring in disbelief.

When you arrived in his room Newt went straight to the bathroom to take a shower so you ran to your room quickly to grab something to sleep in. On the way back you passed the bonfire where Minho and Thomas were still going strong and you heard them wooping at you from behind.

"Idiots." You muttered.

When you arrived back in the room you see Newt passed out on the bed and your heart sinks. You change quickly and then decide to still hop into bed with him. You accidentally kick him in the head and he sleepily opens his eyes and smiles.

"Hello, love. I thought you went back to your room." Newt says nervously and chuckles which sounds just as nervous.

"Nope. Right now, I would rather be here with you than be outside of the shuck Maze, even." You say and lay your head on his chest and wrap your arm around his waistline.

You listen to his heavy, even breaths and steady heartbeat. Maybe Newt had something planned for tonight but you couldn't care less. Right now all you wanted was to stay here with Newt laying in silence. Loving each other as you slowly fell asleep.