Chapter 1

Harry Potter was just starting his fifth year at Hogwarts when he saw it. His best friend Hermione was the first one to point it out to him.

"Harry, did you see the new paper on the information board outside the great hall?" said Hermione, rushing into Harry's room clutching a piece of paper.

"What could possibly be so important that you had to wake me up at seven in the morning on a Saturday to tell me?" he said as he rubbed his eyes.

"It's about a closeted gay kid at school," Harry immediately sat up at this.

"What," he said.

"Read it for yourself. There's a gay kid at Hogwarts," she said, handing him the paper.

"Can you leave now?" he asked, not looking up from the letter.

"What?"

"Please?"

"Fine." she said, and she walked out of the room, leaving only Harry, since his roommates were out at the library. Harry looked down at the letter in his hand, and started reading.

Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck on a ferris wheel. One minute I'm on top of the world, and the next I'm at rock bottom. I have a perfectly normal life, except I have a secret. Nobody knows I'm gay.

- Star

There's another gay kid at Hogwarts. THERE'S ANOTHER GAY KID AT HOGWARTS. Harry's mind wouldn't stop running as he looked around his room to make sure no one had seen his miniature freakout. While scanning the room, his eyes landed on his owl, Hedwig, and an idea popped into his head. He pulled out a spare blank piece of parchment and began writing.

Star,

I'm just like you. My life is decently normal. I have amazing friends and a loving family, (the Weasleys, Sirius, Remus) but I have one huge-ass secret.

- James (not my real name btw)

It took Harry a long time to come up with a code name to use, but in the end he decided to go with one that wasn't too obvious, but could be figured out. What took Harry even longer, was deciding whether or not to send the letter. Before he could change his mind, he gave the letter to Hedwig and sent her to Star. Of course his owl would know who it was (owls know everything), but It would be nice to have an anonymous pen pal who could relate to him, If he even wrote back.

**********

"I've been trying to figure out who star is. The name must have some clue as to who it is, shouldn't it?" said Hermione. She, Harry, and Ron were at breakfast, and Ron seemed to be the only one who wasn't even remotely interested in the conversation.

"I don't know 'Mione, maybe they just don't want to be discovered so it has nothing to do with their name," said Harry. He really didn't believe that, but he just didn't want to know who it was. He wanted it to stay anonymous, but Hermione wasn't paying attention to him.

"Stars, Sky, Night, Constellations. Constellations. Wait. OhmygodIneedtogo," she mumbled, but yelled the last part as she got up and hastily exited the great hall, no doubt in search of Star. Harry slumped in his seat as if contemplating whether or not to follow her.

"What's she on about?" asked Ron through a mouthful of sausage.

"She thinks she knows who the gay kid is,"

"How would she know? He didn't even say his name,"

"She thinks it has to do with the nickname,"