Part 6

Unedited

Part - 6 (Veer - Inayat)

------------------

"A million words wouldn't bring you back, I know because I tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried."

------------------

Veer parked his jeep at a distance and walked to the burial ground. He had been to this place quite a few times and every time he visited his heart would clench tightly with pain and guilt.

He shouldn't have died! Not this soon.

He took one look at his wife and his pain and guilt got so intense and almost ached him physcially.

His wife, his beautiful wife looked miserable, kneeling in front of her brother's gravystone, her frozen eyes leaking tears but no emotions.

How many times had I wished I was there to protect them from that evil man?

How did I even miss to notice that evil man's evil intention?

He was lusting after my lover and I was blind to it? Fuck!

Inayat had always painted a fine picture of him. She saw him as her own father and respected it. But I shouldn't have trusted him.

That man was never happy about Inayat seeing me, never happy about the bond I shared with Izzaan. That surely should have given me doubts, right? I thought he was showing fatherly concern but now I know what it was.

That 60 year old asshole wanted my young and innocent Inayat who was like a daughter to him. 

He made his move when I was away. Did he plan it all?

He attacked her like an animal that he was. How could some men like him be this monstrous?

Fuck!

I so want to bring him back alive and kill him with my own hands. He deserve a brutal death for trying to rape my woman and causing Izzaan's death. And I sure as hell can give him that.

He looked at the gravestone with heavy heart. Izzaan was like a child to him and he had laid him to rest here. How painful is that?

Oh God! Why this poor kid had to fight against a monster to save his sister's virtue? Why he had to lose his life? He had asked that question to himself a thousand times and wished to go back in time and set everything right.

Oh Izzaan, my boy! Forgive me for not protecting you. But I promise, I will protect your sister with my life. I love her.

He slowly sank beside Inayat and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

She neither reacted to his presence nor to his touch.

"Inayaa..." He gently called her.

A sob escaped from her mouth but she didn't turn toward him.

"Oh Inayaa," he drew her closer and hugged her. He placed a kiss on top of her head and let her softly weep in his arms.

A while later, when all her tears drained, when she calmed down a bit, he gently tipped her chin up and looked into the depth of her eyes saying nothing as he didn't know how to console her.

What could one possibly say to a grieving heart?

"I told you to wait till I come and get you here. Why didn't you wait for me?"