He grins at me and kisses my nose, "come on mi amor, you need to try my award winning lasagne" he says kissing my cheek tenderly.

"Award winning huh?" I say and he chuckles pulling me up into my two feet and he leads me into the kitchen.

He turns a speaker on and connects his phone and puts on a classical music playlist and he pulls my seat out for me.

"My lady" he says and I thank him taking a seat watching as he pours me a glass of ice water then goes over to the oven to take out the lasagne.

He cuts a big slab for each of us and then places it on the table with a dishcloth slung over his shoulder and I kiss his lips.

"Thanks, this looks good" I compliment sipping on my water and he smiles confidently as he picks up his cutlery.

"So how was your day?" He asks and I realise that this seems like we are a married couple as we make small talk about anything.

"Good, a bit boring but okay overall" I say and he nods chewing his food and I moan when the taste of mozzarella and his Nonna's sauce hit my tastebuds.

"This sauce is" I finish with a chefs kiss interpretation and he laughs taking a swig of water and he cuts into his lasagne.

"I know right, I will tell my Nonna you approve" he winks and I nod, imagine going to Italy with Salvatore and meeting his family

My heart clenches in my chest as I realise that Angeline already knows his family and the reality of meeting his family- is very slim.

"You dazed out Cara" he says waving his hand in front of my face and I smile halfheartedly at him feeling a bit upset.

"Sorry, just thinking" I say and he nods slowly not believing me but he moves on seeing to take the hint.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him and he nods putting his fork down and he swallows his food quickly

"Of course mi amor" he says taking my hand in his and he rubs it soothingly

"Are you going to marry Angeline still?" I ask him and his mouth opens slightly and the sound of the key rattling in the door startles us.

"Shit" he says under his breath, "hide in the living room" he says and I dash away from him in panic hoping it isn't Angeline at the door.

"Salvatore! I'm home!"

Says Angeline and I curse under the sofa hearing him walk into the hallway and he looks around the living room and the walks off

"Oh hi Angeline!" He greets her and I watch as she pulls off her coat and heels and throws them on the floor dramatically

"Whose shoes are those?" She asks pointing to mine by the door and I watch as he answers her with no stutter

"They are an old pair of yours I found and thought you would need to get rid of them, hence why they're by the door" he says smoothly

Does she collect shoes or something?

"Oh right, I mean I don't remember having Chanel espadrilles but I don't think I need them" she says and I let out a quiet, relieved breath.

"Ooh I smell lasagne, did you make some with your Nonna's sauce" she says stumbling around a bit and he was right, she must be drunk.

"Angeline, you're drunk right now, you can have some tomorrow" he says in alarm and I know he must've not put the plate away.

"Oh yes you're right" she slurs

"But I love your Nonna's sauce, please let me have some baby" she says and her Italian accent is shining through.

"Why are their candles in the living room?" She peeks in and when she is drunk she is very nosy and demanding.

"I was painting" he says and I realise that I should probably get the drawing and give it to him on the way out.

Salvatore helps her into bed and I sneak out of the living room grabbing all my stuff and I nearly bump into him as he shuts the bedroom door.

"I'm so sorry Cara" he says grabbing my hands in a hushed tone and I smile weakly, "it's fine, here's the drawing you need to hide from her"

"Thanks" he says and kisses my lips tenderly

"Welcome" I say and he looks at me, tucking my hair behind my ears and gives my nose a kiss, "I'll give it to you when I'm finished" he promises.

"Ok, goodnight Salvatore" I say

"Goodnight Miss Delores" he chides and he pulls me back burying his face in my neck, "I'm joking mi amor" he clarifies.

"Better be joking Mr Romano" I reply kissing his jaw and he lets me leave and I shut the front door quietly

I walk away from his apartment and I can't believe how lucky we were that Angeline didn't see me, it was like chance was on our side.

A/N

blackest day by Lana Del Ray is my next new obsession ;) if you're a fan of Lana (y'all better be) listen to Tove Lo she's a 👑

me and my friends explored this abandoned building and my leggings got holes in them :(

someone message me on my message board, don't be boring aha x

My insta- emilysophia_xox
My sc- earblaster16
My pinterest- Emily Sophia
My Wattpad- aestheticfoods
X. X. X. X