I'm the Villainess?!

Hello readers! I am so excited to start a new book on Wattpad. So this story is actually inspired by my obsessive love for Isekai Webtoons. If you ever need recommendations, please comment and I'll be happy to suggest some! While the elements of Isekai webtoons are typically the same, (Villainess, lots of hot ML, innocent original FL, magic, dukes), there's something endearing and interesting about them. Authors do such a great job of world building and creating new and interesting characters for us to fall in love with. I wished to do the same with this novel. I hope you enjoy! ^^///

Part 1: Reborn

It had started like out any ordinary day. I had finished up my 9 to 5 job and was heading back home. To keep myself entertained during the 20 minute walk from the studio to my apartment, I was reading my favorite internet novel, "The Winter Rose", a fun and romantic story about a princess from an enemy kingdom who catches the attention of the crown prince and heals his broken heart after his wife's death. It's quite predictable and silly but it doesn't mean I enjoy it any less. I was at a particularly juicy part where the prince was wrapping the lady's ankle in gauze after she sprained it when suddenly a truck seemed to materialize out of nowhere. My eyes widened and my body froze as the truck came nearer and nearer, and a split second later, the world turned black.

I'm dead.

I must be dead.

But oddly enough, I can still hear voices. An angel? Maybe I survived? No way, that was a huge truck that had crashed into me. Is this the after life? I struggled to open my eyes and I gasped in shock at the random lady with big brown eyes and dark brown hair who hovered above me, concern dripping from her eyes.

"My lady, please get up," she begs imploringly. "We have to start getting ready before you head to the palace."

"The palace?" I furrowed my brows confused. What was going on? I looked around the room speechlessly. It looked like a opulent, out of date hotel room, like something straight out of a period film. Ornate wallpaper covered the wall and everything was trimmed in gold from the bed post to the grandfather clock that was ticking away on the west side of the room. I blinked a few more times trying to process what's going on. This couldn't be a hospital, and it isn't what I expect heaven to look like at all.

"Lady Isadora, there is no time to be playing these games," she says as she sighs. "Your bath is ready for you. Please get out of bed."

Hold on, hold on... Lady Isadora? That name was super familiar. I let out a gasp at the sudden realization. Lady Isadora happened to be the name of the villainess in "The Winter Rose". I let out a shocked peal of laughter. There's no way...

"C-could you please bring me a mirror?" I ask faintly as I grab the locks of silver hair that reach past my chest.

The lady turns pale. "My lady, why are you speaking so politely to me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, just, please, a mirror," I say, a million thoughts flashing through my head. It's impossible, but what if, I hesitate as I grab the mirror. With shaking hands, I held up the silver mirror closer to my face. Just as I suspected, I recognized my reflection in the mirror immediately. Wavy silver hair, lips soft and pink like the inside of a rose, and vibrant amethyst eyes, there was no doubt that I had reborn as Lady Isadora Calliope Vincentius.

'Holy crap, I'm pretty,' I think to myself as I touch my face. Does Isadora even have pores? I wonder as I scrutinize my face, squishing my cheeks.

"Y-yes, my lady is the most beautiful woman in the empire," says the lady who was looking at me with a perplexed expression.

I blanch, embarrassed that I had said that out loud. I keep staring at my face in confusion. How in the world did this happen? Indeed, it appears I have somehow survived, and the reflection in the mirror was gorgeous, and it was clear as day that I was extremely wealthy but none of this brought me joy as I recalled what I knew about her from the novel.