Chapter 19

Months after Drizzt had proposed to Leevria, the day had finally came. Their companions from the fellowship had been invited, all of them happily arriving.
Drizzt stood waiting on the balcony in the ballroom, his position above the kingdom making him feel out of place.
Leevria smoothed her hands down her dress and adjusted her circlet "Do you think he'll like it?" She asked Arwen and Thalia, both rolling their eyes  although Thalia was the one who spoke.

"You could wear rags and he would still look at you like you hung the sun in the sky."
Leevria laughed, drawing her shoulders up "Arwen, how did you feel when you married Aragorn?"

The queen hummed and continued to braid Leevrias hair "Nervous, but happy."

Leevria sighed "Alright. Are you done?"

The others nodded as they stepped out of the way for the king as he walked in to see his daughter.

"Oh Eldars, child" He said, grabbing her shoulders "You look just like your mother"

She smiled "Thank you, Ada."

He smiled back at her and drew her for a hug. She returned his affection. He pulled away after a moment, his eyes filled with happiness "Come with me Thalia"

Thalia bowed to the others before walking off with the king.
Leevria stood deathly silent for a second before she turned around "I'm getting married"

Arwen laughed and nodded "Yes. That is what the whole kingdom showed up for." Leevria covered her mouth with her hands as she sat down "Dær Valars, Nïn męerying him (dear gods, I'm marrying him)"
Arwen rubbed her back "Nys vi nàme to be wïnloe (you don't need to be worried) He mèlth nys (he loves you)"

"I know he loves me. But what if he doesn't want to marry me?"

Arwen scoffed and flicked her in the back of the head "Don't be idiotic. He wouldn't have asked if he didn't want to."

Leevria took a breath and nodded, standing back up "Right. I know. I'm sorry, I just nervous" Arwen smiled at her "You'll feel better when you see him" She hugged Leevria, trying to soothe her further.

They pulled back when Thalia cracked the door "Are you ready, Princess?"

Leevria looked back at Arwen, who smiled reassuringly at her.

"I'm ready"

Drizzt bounced on his feet as he waited for his fiancé "Is she coming?" He asked Aragorn "Yes Drizzt. She's coming"

"Are you sur-

"Look"

Drizzt followed the order, looking up to the top of the staircase, his breath catching in his throat as he took in the sight. Leevria moved down the stairs, her chin raised, blue eyes he'd come to love sparkling as they landed on him.
He bit his lip, trying to stop his eyes from watering as she took Legolass' arm. Drizzt failed to noticed the  king smiling at him while he approached.

Leevria had to stop herself from running through the parted crowd, wanting nothing more than to be able to call herself his wife and he her husband.

Her hands detached from her brothers arm as they made it to the others, he went to stand beside their father as Leevria went to stand infront of Drizzt.
He took her hands in hers, his eyes stilled filled with tears of happiness as he tried desperately not to blink.

Thranduil began to speak "Many alliances where made during the life of the ring. Although some were broken, that did not make them less real. We gather here today, not as elves, men, dwarves or even hobbits, but as one. In the celebration of an...unexpected romance, to say the least." He laughed quietly as he went to grab Drizzts circlet, the drow kneeling in front of him.