Chapter 5: The First Step Part 2

First out of Mystery Inc. to reach it to the tree level was Fred. He quickly grabbed his ascot, turned it into an electrical whip, then wrapped it around a tree and spun around the tree a few times before landing right on the ground and dis-connecting the whip from the tree.

Then, Daphne pulled out her nunchucks. She then started sliding on one of the larger branches of a tree.

"Whoo-hoo!!!" Daphne cheers to herself as he slides along the branch

Once at the end of the branch, she hopped off with her nunchucks in her hand.

Then, there was Velma who pulled out an Atlas Laser Rifle she had been gifted by General Ironwood the same day that Fred was given The Mystery Machine. She used it to slide along a rather straight branch before hopping to the ground.

Shaggy, though didn't know how he was gonna land. He didn't pull out his weapon and crashed through the trees. Once he landed, he was a little bruised, but still able to stand, walk, run, and talk.

"Like, that was painful." Shaggy comments

Shaggy walks around, taking to himself by saying, "Gotta find the gang. Gotta find the gang."

Shaggy saw some glowing red eyes all around him. He shook out of pure fear. He really did not like Emerald Forest, especially after he nearly died in the case where Mystery Inc. nearly died trying to simply have a camping trip.

"Like, not this again." Shaggy says before he takes of running. "Like, somebody help!!"

At least six or seven Beowolves hopped out of the bushes and chased after Shaggy.

"This is really bad." Shaggy says. "Fred, Daphne, Velma, help!!!!"

Elsewhere in the forest, Velma heard Shaggy's screaming. So she grabbed her rifle and ran to help.

"Hang on, Shaggy, i'm coming!!" Velma called out

In a few minutes, Velma got to where Shaggy was, and saw him cornered by the Bbeowolf. So she pulled out her laser rifle and started shooting the Beowolf. All of them getting killed within 5 seconds each.

Shaggy was shaking, visibly traumatized by the fact he nearly just died and would be dead had Velma not shown up and saved him.

Shaggy got up slowly and looked at Velma.

"Come on, Shaggy." Velma says, gesturing for him to follow her. "Let's go see if we can find Fred and Daphne."

"L-L-Like, okay." Shaggy says, following Velma

Shaggy sighed with a bit of relief, getting paired up with someone who knows and understands him.

"Wait, but, like, aren't we supposed to make our way to the northern end of the forest?" Shaggy asked

"We are. But i'm hoping to find Fred and Daphne, whomever they paired up with, and make sure the two are okay with who they got." Velma answers

"Oh, I see." Shaggy replies. "And by the way, Velma, thanks for saving me back there."

"Anything for a friend." Velma said with a smile. "By the way, do you still have you weapon?"

"Yeah, but, like, the thing is....part of the blade got chipped off during my fall." Shaggy stated

"When we get back to where the cliff is and back onto the cliff, i'll see if I can fix it." Velma replies, patting Shaggy's shoulder gently

Shaggy smiled a little bit.

Meanwhile, Fred was fighting for his life against an army of Beowolf, using only the electrical whip that was once his ascot. He jumped over one and wrapped the electrical whip around the Beowolf's neck and practically shocked it to death. Once the fighting was all said and done, he took a deep breath and sighed with relief.

"Finally, I can start heading north again." Fred said to himself as he resumed walking

Fred as humming to himself while walking. Humming the theme for the TV show that was based around Mystery Inc.'s various cases and Mystery Inc. themselves actually helped get green lit at a studio known as Hanna-Barbera Productions.