"Wanna tell me what crossed your mind?"

Rachel went silent. She was thinking of telling her the situation that Tanner had put her into. But it was impossible, she couldn't take the risk. It was too high, for the price. "My case on the Blue Blood killer was handed over to the FBI..."

"What?!"

Rachel nodded. "I had it, i had the first clue. I just needed more time. I could've had it all if it weren't because of that motherfucker-"

"Who?" she asked.

She sighed, "Nevermind" she changed the subject. "Isn't it late? Shouldn't you be working?" Rachel asked.

"As soon as i got a call that my partner had an accident, i couldn't care less about any other thing in the world"

Rachel smiled and hugged her, "I can't imagine my life without you" she sobbed. "Hey hey safe your strength, get some rest. I'll be back tomorrow alright?" she convinced her, after one nod Luna took off. Leaving Rachel be on her hospital bed. She pressed the button to turn off the light and looked up to the ceiling, she still hasn't noticed the tears running down her cheeks. But she swiped it after she knew, her eyelids were getting heavier.

*****

Rachel woken up by the sound of the cat fighting outside. She looked at the clock, showing 2:33 in the morning. But her eyes glanced at the shadowy figure in the corner of the room, she slanted her eyes then pushed the button to turn on the light. There revealed the person who stole her first kiss, sitting there, unexpectedly but he sit politely. He stared at her the whole time, Rachel got used to his, uninvited company.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. Her tone was stiffed, she didn't like his presence. First he stole her kiss then he stole her case away from her. Not quite the start she was hoping in the deal. "Checking up on you" he answered. As usual. His expression with the smirk hasn't changed. A bit. Rachel scoffed at him after hearing the words that came out of his mouth. "Why would someone like you care about anyone? Or anything? You TRICKED me you know that? I TRUSTED you with the deal, yet you couldn't even comprehend the probability that your actions could cost" she started to cry. Tanner noticed the red wound at the bandages around her hip. His expression changed. It was more of a, guilt. He knew he did something wrong, something regrettable.

That's it. She didn't continue. She was pissed at the top of her lungs. She didn't even want to make eye contact with him. Not even a glance. Hatred really do grew inside people, even inside of the kindest heart. He approached her bed and sit on the chair beside it, he looked at her with a flat face. He handed out a folder to her, she cornered her eyes and laughed. "Too late for that-"

"No, it's not the evidence of the Blue Blood killer" Tanner cut her.

Rachel raised a brow, she hesitated at first, but took the file anyway. She opened it. Layers of layers of the list of people went missing, must be Tanner's target. "Telling me your past and future targets, is that how you apologize?" Rachel mocked. She wad very furious, glad she could control her anger. Or else he would already be beaten up by her stare. "Clearly you haven't read the bottom row" he stated. Rachel looked down to the bottom row to see what he mentioned, the description of all the people.

'Consumed 50% of people's tax money'

'Cutting the 25% of the health insurance of the immigrants'

'Raising a black market community with the government's money'

Rachel widened her eyes. She read it all to see that they were all not innocent. She couldn't believe her eyes. Was it a false info Tanner had placed? Was it all a lie? By the looks of the personal banking of the targets. It could all matched the clue.

"Those people are the reason i needed your cover up, but i didn't realize this made your downfall" he said.

Rachel looked at him and twitched her eyes towards the folder, "You could've just said so. I-" she stopped and sighed. "Nevermind. But taking justice into your own hands aren't going by the law" she continued.

"But it's fun to kill people when they don't see it coming" his expression changed to his normal freaky self. His smirk was wide and she rolled her eyes.

"You're a psychopath"

"Im flustered" he chuckled.

Rachel didn't know what kind of personality this man stood before her had. But she knew deep down his intentions were good, but was hollowed away by darkness. She looked at him and shooked her head, unbelievable of his freaky personality. "Get out of here Tanner" she called.

"Aw bummer" he wined.

"Well i could scream until-"

"Ughh fineee"

Childish bitch she thought.

"One question"

"Hm?"

She paused, she actually wondered about it for days. It just came to the conclusion that she had to ask, sometime later. "Why did you kiss me?"

"Oh haven't you figured it out yet? Because you like me of course"

Rachel knew she heard it right, what a joke. "What? Don't reverse the 'you' and 'me' Tanner"

"I don't. Because it is pure fact!" he mocked while smirking, she was blushing mad, spun her head and crossed her arms. "Why would i ever like you? You and me are like oil and water"

"It is, convinient to have this, talent"

"You didn't answer my question yet you bring up your talent?"

"Im not finished Rachel~ To attract women, and then i could just kill them! It is very surprisingly fun to know that they fell for me too easily"

Instantly, she knew that falling for him was a mistake. Even when she only liked him because he was acting very foolishly attractive, this was far beyond her understandings. She never thought he wasn't thinking. He was using them. It is true that they weren't innocent as Tanner recalled, but a one's feelings aren't to be messed with. And it's law. Rachel didn't answer and looked down on her blanket, she snuffed down and cover most of her body.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

"Cat got my speech..." she mumbled. He didn't hear it very clear, but he never realized that really hit her bad. "Please. Leave me alone" she stated.

Tanner tilted his head then shrugged his shoulders, "If you say so~" he said. Rachel pushed the button to turn the light off, and closed her eyes. She was very disappointed. At first she was starting to slowly rise on his side, turned out, his rebellion didn't only use blood to cover it, but also his lustrous, unemotional feelings.

To be continued
Well, this is awkward. I got mad writing this story because Tanner made Rachel feel sad but he didn't even realize it. Why am i mad bruh this is my story :'0. Anyway, stay tuned for more! Don't forget to vote and comment for more!