Chapter 22

Branch was in disbelief. He felt tears pricking his eyes. He ran to her and threw his arms around her, holding her close. "I love you so much," he whispered in her ear. Poppy was a bit confused, but she still returned the loving hug. "I love you too, Branch." They almost meant it more than when they confessed to each other.

Branch pulled away after a few seconds more. He didn't know what to say. "How did you- How are you- How did you wake up?" Poppy said, "Umm..." Branch asked, "Do you remember anything?" He got concerned. Poppy answered, "Well, the last thing I remember is that I was looking for something with Barb, and everything after that is just fuzz."

After concentrating for a bit, she said, "Oh! I remember now. My dress got caught on a stick, and it wouldn't come free. I was pretty weak from the heat and running around and collapsed. I guess the volcano erupted then..."

Branch was disheartened to hear this. He gave her another hug. It's a good thing you aren't sick. We should get the doctor," he said. He shook his head. "I still want to know how you woke up!" Poppy said, "Honestly, I just heard you singing our favorite song on the back of my head somehow, and it woke me up. I also couldn't resist harmonizing." She giggled.

"I'm still so glad you're awake!" Poppy was the one who pulled him into a hug this time. It was a very passionate hug. Poppy knew how he must have felt. She was devastated when he took the blow from the Ultimate Power Chord for her.

Branch was happy beyond what words could describe. Without thinking, he kissed her on the cheek, giving Poppy their first kiss ever. She was a little shocked at first, and they both blushed. Poppy smiled and pulled away from the hug. Then, as a surprise to Branch, she gave him a quick kiss on the lips. They looked at each other for a moment, then hugged again, but just a quick one.

Branch hurried out and got Peppy and the snack pack. He led them to Poppy's pod. Biggie asked, "Branch, what's going on?" Branch gestured to the pod and said, "Take a look for yourself." They walked inside, and when they saw Poppy, they all shouted, "You're awake!" Poppy laughed as she hugged her friends and father.

When they were done, Branch said, "We're all glad she's awake, but we need to get a doctor. She told me what happened, and we should check just in case." Peppy nodded in agreement. "We don't want her to be sick," he said. "Branch, could you go get Dr. Blossom? Branch hesitated, glancing at Poppy. He didn't want to leave her side. Peppy understood exactly.

Legsly went to get the doctor instead. Branch stood at Poppy's bedside the whole time, holding her hand. Everyone was asking questions about how she woke up, what happened, and if she's okay. Poppy tried to answer, but there were too many people talking at the same time. She winced; it was too much noise.

Branch seemed to take notice, so he spoke for her. "Guys, you're giving her a headache," he said. Poppy glanced thankfully at him. Branch squeezed her hand as if to say, "you're welcome."

Then she told the story of what happened to how she woke up. After she was done, Peppy said, "Wow." Poppy asked, "What?" The snack pack knew what he was talking about, and the twins answered for him, "It's what woke you up. The power of music."

A/N I know, they already kissed after the high five, (yay 😆) but pretend it never happened for this. I don't know what else to do to fix this.