Chapter 14

~In Pop Village~

Branch had been looking over the note he had found in his mat. It was from Poppy. He wanted to make it up to her somehow, and she didn't seem too upset, based off this letter. It was probably the five hundredth time he had read the note. He would've gone to find her, but he didn't know what he would even say.

After reading the note for the trillionth time, he decided that he would just gather his words on the way. He went to the elevator and went up. His need to find Poppy grew. He didn't want this to eventually lead to a breakup.

He does went to her pod, hoping he'd find her scrapbooking. She wasn't there. Branch went to all the places he thought he'd find Poppy, even the sunset meadow. He still couldn't find her anywhere. That's when it hit him. She's at Volcano Rock! Branch remembered. He sighed. Poppy would most likely be there all day. Which means he couldn't see her all day.

With each passing minute, he missed her even more. He should not have said those things to her! Suddenly, he heard the bushes rustle. Branch immediately went into "defense mode." "Who's there?" He asked. "Yo, chill, it's just me dude," Branch heard a familiar voice say. He saw a funk troll step out of the bushes.

Branch said, "Prince D?" D said, "Yeah, only me." The boys were glad to see each other. "Aren't you supposed to be in Vibe City?" Branch asked. The prince replied, "Well, yeah, but my mom and dad are at Volcano Rock City with the other royals. Wish I could go." Branch said, "Yeah, I forgot that Poppy had to go today." The funk prince noticed that he had a trace of disappointment in his voice.

D said, "Miss your girl, huh?" Branch replied, "Yeah, but we also sort of..... had a fight the other day and I never got to make it up to her before she left." Being kind, Prince D asked, "Do ya wanna talk 'bout it?"

Before he even knew what he was saying, Branch just spilled everything on his mind, from his thoughts of accidentally ruining their relationship to him yelling at Poppy. The two were close bros, though, so they were probably the only ones to feel comfortable talking with.

After Branch had spoken his mind out, he said, " I'm sorry, there's just too much going on." Prince D laughed. "Not a problem at all. But if it helps, let me tell you something....."