7

Your chest heaves as you look down at the ground, scared to see the identity of the wizard who just walked through the door.

You hear the woosh of robes as the footsteps come in your general direction, stopping a few few away.

You close your eyes tight, the last of your tears squeezing through to land on the ground.

You're a wreck, eyes red, hair a mess, your tank top strap sliding down your shoulder. But it doesn't matter. You were just too hurt to care.

But you might as well see who has just walked in.

You glance up, eyes meeting a familiar face, one that inspired guilt, anger, and yet, a longing.

"I don't suppose your here to duel, are you?" you quipped.

A sigh. "Y/n, I-,"

"It's okay, I'm fine."

"You don't seem too fine."

"I could say the same about you," you say quietly, your eyes meeting a gentle silver gaze.

His eyes widen, but grow soft. "The room does have a sentimental feel to it," he sighs, finally walking over to sit down next to you.

A few minutes pass in silence.

"Well did you follow me to say anything or just join in my moping?" you question.

"The former," he says quietly. "I just needed to find the right words."

You look at him expectantly, careful to conceal any emotions that may slip into your face. You definitely did not need to give him something else to blackmail you with.

Although, you guessed you had been waiting for this moment, yearning for it, ever since you had first exchanged words with Malfoy, all those years ago.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I know all of the things I've put you through hurt. And there's really no excuse I can make for doing them."

You look up, attentive, and his hands twitch, fiddling with a large silver ring on his middle finger as he continues.

"I've twisted the hate and expectations given to me and thrown them at you, and I can never make it up to you. It gave me some sort of satisfaction seeing others go through pain, yet it never was enough, and I felt I had to keep doing it. Or else I would be seen as soft, a pushover," he sighs, his eyes defeated, on the ground.  "I would be a failure in my father's eyes."

Your mind turns, that small part of your mind finally hearing what it wanted to be true.

What it desperately needed to be true; the reason behind the fight.

"I'm sorry that happened . God I never even thought of the pressure. I should've never.."

"No," he cuts you off. "You have nothing to apologize for, stop saying that."

You pause for a moment."If you say so, Draco."

He smiles and looks over at you. "I told you to stop calling me that."

"Orrrr what?" you smile back, a warm feeling spreading through your body.

"Orrrr this," he says, lunging towards you, tackling you to the pillows.

You try to shove him off, squirming. "Oh my god, Draco, you're so damn immature," you say, giggling.

He grabs ahold of your shoulders and pins you down on the ground. "Oh am I now? Well that's to bad, seeing as I've just won."

"Only because I let you, paper boy," you scoff, rolling your eyes.

You both stay there for a moment, holding each other's gaze before you start to squirm again, trying in vain to get out from under him.

"Y/n," Draco says, his voice low.

You stop.

"Dray?" you question, playing innocent. You knew exactly where this was gonna go.

"Kiss me."

"Hmmmm I don't know... It seems like just yesterday you were trying to choke me out," you smirk.

His hand moves to your neck, the rings gently pressing down on your skin. "And what about it?" his voice rumbles, thick with desire.

You grab the front of his shirt and pull him towards you, your lips moving against his in a perfect tandem. He gently bites your bottom lip as he lifts you up into his lap, caressing the side of your face.

You softly moan into his mouth as you wrap your arms around him, smelling his cologne, feeling secure, safe, loved.

You can't get enough.

Neither can he.

As you move your legs around his waist, he kisses your neck, gently going over the bruised spots, yet creating new ones, making sure everyone knew you belonged to someone - the prince of Slytherin.

Your entire body trembles at his touch, but you know you both can't go further, not here at least.

"Draco?"

"Mm?" he replies, his lips still locked on your neck.

"We...Not here, in a classroom."

He breaks away, looking into your eyes. "You're right. Don't want Dumbledore sneaking up on us or anything."

"Or Filch," you shudder. Man he was a pain in the ass.

"Another time," he smirks, giving you one last kiss on your forehead.

You roll your eyes and smile, feeling almost completely relaxed.

Almost.

You didn't know if it was possible for someone to change their ways overnight, but you were willing to trust Draco, even if only partially, for better or for worse.

You sit down on the pillows next to him, eyes closed, enjoying the precious moment you'd spent together.

"Y/n open your eyes," Draco says after a few minutes.

You gaze at him and look down, seeing him pull out a rose from his robes' pocket. Some of the petals are crooked, and he hurriedly tries to fix them.

"I know it was a little messed up, but-"

Your eyes widen. Where had this Draco, astrology tower Draco, been hiding? Would you ever see him again?

Putting your questions aside, you gingerly take the flower. "It's perfect, Draco."

"Not exactly, but I guess that's party your fault because you're the one who dropped it in the first place."

Draco smiles, a real smile. A rare smile.

You roll your eyes, but can't help but smile back. You felt all warm inside. Draco had flown down to retrieve it, just for you. You clutched it, admiring the rose; the thorns that had cut flesh had grown so much beauty.

You start to yawn; it must be getting late. Later than you'd thought.

You lie back on the pillows, and after a few minutes, Draco does the same.

You sigh and, taking a risk, move closer to him, your shoulder brushing up against his.

One of his arms snakes around you, the other wrapping around your waist, pulling you close, laying you on his chest.

You feel the tension in your body melt away as you relax into him, feeling completely safe wrapped up in strong, protective arms.

Your eyes drift shut, and just before you fall asleep, you begin to wonder if this rose if worth holding on to.